Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your hopes for 2005

Options
  • 06-01-2005 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Firstly, a (very) belated Happy New Year to all:D

As you would've guessed, I was wondering what everyone hopes to do this year or if you think this year will be a good year etc. etc.

For starters, I hope I'm able to go back to CTYI this year though this seems unlikely :(

Now people, what would you hope or wish for this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

A lot of money, a top end alienware laptop, for my leaving cert results to be five A1's, a C1 and a C3, four new piercings (don't ask where and I won't disturb you), someone who'll publish my sh1t, a more dominant byfriend and a cage to sleep in.

And this year will be terrible, or at least the first part of it. Education system SUCKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

a monkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

World peace :p. Failing that, to make more friends, you can never have too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

To not want to go on a fifteen minute rant at this question. Failing that, more piercings, more musical talent (Actually any musical talent would suffice. :rolleyes: ), and to make the most of the time I have with friends. To learn more about them and show I care more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

For my parents to become more lenient. To find an agent or a publisher who actually reads stuff. To have enough talent to be published this year or next year. On a shallow note, a boyfriend. I'll be the third to jump on the body modification wagon but that's related to my first hope. No more ridiculous levels of paranoia. And for my grandad to reach 82 healthily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

edibility wrote:
    a more dominant byfriend and a cage to sleep in.

I want edibility all of a sudden

Now where did i leave my whip.......

Oh yeah, and a fùcking band! I'm sick of writing material for myself alone. I want to play out damn it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

ColHol wrote:
    I want edibility all of a sudden

Now where did i leave my whip.......

Oh please darling. Go back to your mother. My boyfriend (ouch, yes, do have one) would kick your pussy sub ass.

podge, don't kill me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Money, an SLI system, and not to forget everything before the LC.

edibility wrote:
    Oh please darling. Go back to your mother. My boyfriend (ouch, yes, do have one) would kick your pussy sub ass.

Ah yes, but me and my trusty whip can get ya where ya wanna go ALL the time ;)

My real names ColHol, you can call me baby :cool:

• Advertisement

Smooth, like granite. :rolleyes:

and as subtle as an elephants fart too.......

Ah well. What's the worst that could happen? Subtlety's hardly your strong point.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

edibility wrote:
    podge, don't kill me

Hehehe. :D

Anyhow. My hopes would be... a successful final year project that I manage to turn into the product I intend it to be. Compile and fulfil a sucessful plan to take my company from general small time to bigger time, more recognition, sales etc.

To get down to writing some of my stories.

To have another wonderful year with my lovely girlfriend (I know you'll stalk me to this post sooner or later).

To get off my ass and study resulting in a 1.1 or a 2.1 degree, preferably the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

More my hopes for 2005-mid 2006 but...
    (No, nothing to do with the leaving cert)
    Achieve a black belt.

(Please someone in summer of 2006 drag this post back up and remind me, allowing sufficient opportunity to gloat.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I made a new years resolution to read all of the more recognised Shakespeare plays. I hate reading but for some reason I like reading plays and especially Shakespearean ones.

Some quotes describing why I don't read:

"Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."

- Albert Einstein

"What a sense of superiority it gives one to escape reading some book which everyone else is reading."

- Alice James

The latter explains why I will not read either The Da Vinci Code or any of The Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Im a bit of a slut when it comes to reading - I'll give whatever book I can get my hands on a thorough inspection and I'm a real knowledge junkie.. But I am reading a book that I doubt many other people have read.

Back to the point, I want to get on better with my friends and I dont want to appear the weirdo that I actually am :) and I want to be happy and cheerful for the whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The latter explains why I will not read either The Da Vinci Code or any of The Lord Of The Rings trilogy.
    You're not missing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I resent that PFM! The DaVinci code is quite a good book!

Anywho, I want to get ear piercings allowed in my school, subsequently get one, be in as many plays as humanly possible (3 lined up so far), get large amounts of my TD, Physics, Maths and English courses done in school, Get most of the Applied Maths course covered outside school, and take the woman I love to her Senior prom.

All of which I aim to be achieving

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The book is not the worst, but there are a lot of books time would be better spent reading.

• Advertisement

I love the Lord of the Rings. Heh. Cat importing you for the Prom? Nice! :D

Indubitably. If all goes well, I'll be doing the same for my debs.

And Tolkein is not a very good writer. He is a genius, and he created a world, but his actual story-writing skills leave a lot to be desired

Raphael wrote:
    And Tolkein is not a very good writer. He is a genius, and he created a world, but his actual story-writing skills leave a lot to be desired
    Yeah i bet it all looked good in his head, but he couldnt get it on paper.
    Good films though

I just love the imagination of it all. It's a world, complete with history and multiple cultures and civilisations. And it's the work of just one man! Genius.

And the languages, its the languages that get me. Tolkein was a professor of language or something like that, hence all his created languages are properly structured and obey all the right rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

My hopes for 2005: Try to get back to something even vaguely resembling sanity or normality after the death of my mother in 2004 and make it back to CTYI for my second and final eligible year. If I can achieve those 2 things (the former being the more unlikely) then everything else will pale into insignificance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

A return to form of the CTYI forum.

Take it personally.

A blowup doll would be pretty cool too.

Given up on that cheap hooker that swallows then?

nosmo wrote:
    A return to form of the CTYI forum.

Take it personally.

A blowup doll would be pretty cool too.
    Have a happy 2005!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Raphael wrote:
    Given up on that cheap hooker that swallows then?
    Too poor. and I'd get arrested if I solicited here :P

Advertisement