Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your hopes for 2005

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Raphael wrote:
    And the languages, its the languages that get me. Tolkein was a professor of language or something like that, hence all his created languages are properly structured and obey all the right rules

Elvish is effectively Finnish, with his own personal alphabet, and the dwarf runes are derrived from Viking runes. I love having a nerdy Latin teacher obsessed with this kind of thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

k my resolutions, ambitions and lifechanging titbits of information relating to me and 2005. if you have no interest in me, skip over this post:

i'm going to run the women's mini marathon with my mother and raise money for either the rape crisis centre or some form of breast cancer charity. i will be looking for donations here closer to the date so start hoarding your pennies now.
    take better care of my life, skin, body, weight, cd collection, room, hair etc etc etc
    finish the novel and have somebody call me the irish bret easton ellis :p
    go to the interpol concert in april (note: find tickets first)
    get my shoe collection up to 73
    get off the internet
    complete at least two pieces for my portfolio
    design and sew a formal dress without a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

wishes for 2005: survive fourth year without killing myself due to boredom, make it to both ctyi and gemany this summer, maybe reach some insights into what the heck I'm going to do with my future (picking my LC subjects might be a start) and turn 17 next december (might as well put in something I'm going to acheive)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

to raise as much money possible for the tsunami disaster. learn to play guitar. start studying more....start studying full stop actually. spend more time with my friends. go back to ctyi for my final year.

all I think are very probable, except for the studying part. I just can't study, I have some sort of mental block. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

to raise as much money possible for the tsunami disaster.

seriously? or are you just saying that so as to appear more humane to your fellow boards users.... cos that's a very noble thing to do (not seem humane, but to actually be humane)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

to raise as much money possible for the tsunami disaster. learn to play guitar. start studying more....start studying full stop actually. spend more time with my friends. go back to ctyi for my final year.

all I think are very probable, except for the studying part. I just can't study, I have some sort of mental block. :(

Sure why bother studying! It worked out for you in the JC

jono087 wrote:
    seriously? or are you just saying that so as to appear more humane to your fellow boards users.... cos that's a very noble thing to do (not seem humane, but to actually be humane)

god, no, I wouldn't lie about something like that. I really want to help as much as possible. I just need some help, and to get the principals permission to organise a fundraiser at the school, or amongst the students. He'll say yes, I'm sure, he's nice about that sort of thing. So what's left is to decide what sort of fundraiser, and to enlist in the help of some of my friends, and anyone else who is willing to take part.

Sure why bother studying! It worked out for you in the JC

yes, but you realise how much of a doss the JC is in comparison to the LC? Also, the JC matters not for college, the LC does. That's why I actually give a damn about it.

Anyway, I need 570 points at least for medicine in Trinity. Or, if I got 590, I'd get tuition fees and that sorta thing free, which would kick serious ass. That means I need a hell of a lot of As(for 590, 5 A1s, 1 A2.). I'm doing an extra subject, and I'm just starting it now, so I need to make sure I catch up in everything that I need to have done aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

to get 4 A1s an A2 and B2

or is that 3 A1s, 2 A2s and a B2.

anyway to know what i want to do before the last day i can change the coa form, im so confused.

emm to have a brillaint summer and to see as little of my house as posisble

emm i dunno cant see much past june, vague hopes for late spetember but basically

yeah

oh aoibheann you just need to do the homework in 5h year, study for tests etc. if you study too much in 5th year you wont face it in 6th year again, enjoy 5th year becasue for 6 months the next year you will belong to your books if you want medicine, whether you study in 5th year or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

my resolutions?

to hopefully not see another person close to me die this year.

rather blunt but i am sitting at home drinking and realising that thats what the past two years have entailed.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

crash_000 wrote:

*hugs*

I can't believe it's been a year. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

for everything iwant to happen, to actually happen!
    (i know im being optimistic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

crash_000 wrote:
    my resolutions?

rather blunt but i am sitting at home drinking and realising that thats what the past two years have entailed.

I have much sympathy. Don't even get me started on the subject. My cousin died just before Christmas.

Happy ****ing New Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

It is hard when people close to you die.In my experience it never rains, but it pours in that area.

Anyway, my hopes for 2005:
    Get an iPod
    See Equinox again
    Go back to CTYI for the last time
    And a skydive would be nice.

LiamD wrote:
    Anyway, my hopes for 2005:
    Get an iPod
    See Equinox again
    Go back to CTYI for the last time
    And a skydive would be nice.

DON'T GET AN IPOD!!!!!!! get a Creative Zen, they're so much better (bigger memory/slightly smaller/cheaper......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

my brain has turned to mush lately, but wasnt there a LONG thread on this ?..... as in NOT AGAIN DAMMIT!!!!!

Yes i have an iPod...

ya, there is....it had to be said though.....so let THIS be the end of it......

carry on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

his excellency will forgive this lapse:
    for now mwahhhahahah *severe coughing fit*
    wheeze...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Liquorice wrote:
    for my grandad to reach 82 healthily.

I too would like my granny to reach ninety as healthy and happy as she is now. A stronger woman there is not.

I also would like to see a year where nobody I'm close to dies. The past year hasn't been great on that front. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

About the tolkien thing: the Language of the Uruk-Hai is based on the sounds of Irish. Tolkien hated irish. Vehemently. Thought it was the worst language ever spoken.

My year's hopes: Lose some of the wieght, keep up beatin the almighty sh<asterix>te out of my punchbag every night to keep fit, do my piano silver medal before Christmas, do a hell of a lot more writing and enter some writing competitions.

Things I can't control: Nanotechnology becoming a viable commercial thingummy (cause I'm a nerd), i'm tired finish this later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

eventhough he supposedly hated the Irish language, i've heard speculation that he based the Shire on Ireland. Tis only rumours tho...
    anyways: i hope to go to new zealand this year...finally write one of the books that's been on my mind a lot lately, make a comic book, and work on my drawing skillz ^___^
    i also hope that my mom get's better :(

I want to really inmprove on Piano and *seriously* take up the guitar. I might take up drums too. I also want to dye my hair red/purple and get more piercings.

The purple is mine!

Not iof it's mine first! *rushes to the nearest purple-dye shop for hair dye*

Don't worry, I have my heart set on red, purple, although it is the coolest colour is the backup plan :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zing boom ducky

well as long as you dont take blue... its all mine!! mine mine mine... bubbles bubbles bubbles...
    Anyway resolutions late, late but still...
    to join this board (woop woop one done!!)
    to start downloadin museeck way more.... despite the fact that its illegal, shush.. and fill my kickass Ipod (oh the shinyness of it all)
    uumm go to ctyi for my last and final year, the sadness of it all
    actually do some good work in school
    and ooooooo i know!! i want a skunk, screw monkeys, not literally, but yeah there soooooo passe :rolleyes: , i think you can de-smellerise em.. but still i want me one, and itll be purdy and fluffy, and i'll name it foo-foo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ya know ye could all dye your hair purple and it would be like some sorta cult or something, **** it ill do it myself, in fact, i already have

The purple is mine!

yeah, and the red's mine!

also, another resolution/hope is to complete everything I need to do for gaisce bronze medal. then next year the silver, gold when that's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

My hopes for 2005
    1) The Big Brother House will be destroyed by terrorists.

2) Bill O Reilly (of Fox "News" and I use that word in the loosest possible sense) will **** his trousers on live television.

3) The studios will stop making films which don't live up to their trailers, Underworld, Reign of Fire, Chronicles of Riddick.

4) Team America: World Police will be as good as the trailer promises.

5) Tony Blair will admit that, yes, he really doesn't have an opinion on anything.

6) The IRA will admit that, yes, they just like having guns.

7) The UVF will admit that, yes, they just love beating up catholics.

8) Ian Paisly Jnr will admit that, yes, he really doesn't have a clue what he's doing there either.

9) The Republicans will admit that, yes, they know that tax cuts don't help the poor.

10) I'll get better at the guitar.

• Advertisement

yeah, and the red's mine!

Fine! I'll just have PURPLE hair with RED streaks or vice versa. THAT'LL SHOW YOU AND DAVE! :p

Advertisement