Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Online quotes for 20 year old?

Options
  • 06-01-2005 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what sites will quote me online??
    Im 20 and will be lookin for first time insurance on a provisional.
    Quinn direct will, to a certain extent, then if I give them some details they dont like (cars over 1.4 etc) they wont quote me for 24 hours or so.

insure.ie do aswell, but only if I tell em I have a full licence and I'll do the ignition course, which I dont and wont.

Anyone know of anymore?

Cheers...

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you try all the companies in the Insurance Companys sticky?

edit:
    AB03 wrote:
    insure.ie do aswell, but only if I tell em I have a full licence and I'll do the ignition course, which I dont and wont.
    Under no circumstances lie to them about that. It will be the one time that you will need them and you will be rightly fupped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

I aint plannin on takin insurance from insure.ie, I just tried it to see what quotes Id get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

have you tried www.123.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Hibernian will quote online, albeit with some important stipulations, but they will quote all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

99% of them wont quote online for provisionals.

but really your much better off ringing them anyway, insure.ie and the like are generally higher in my experience

20 with a provisional, first time insurance.. its gotta be quinn direct, theres no other realistic option. ring them on 1850771850.
    then next year switch to a better insurance co. when youve passed your test and have 1 years NCB under your belt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

bobmeaney wrote:
    Hibernian will quote online, albeit with some important stipulations, but they will quote all the same

Hibernian wont quote a provisional online.

Looks like it does have to be quinn direct, rang around everywhere on friday.
    So its gonna be this :
    3,914 for insurance on a 95 1.1 fiesta worth 1500.
    Nice

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

1. the value of your car is irrelevant!
    2. is this price tpft or fully comp?
    3. ask yourself, is it worth it paying all this to drive? (insurance, tax, petrol, servicing & repairs, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GlanzaGav

AB03 wrote:
    So its gonna be this :
    Nice

Sweet mother of mary!

I'd wait for the full licence if i were u. I'm only 20, with a full licence and had to insure my car in my dad's name. Otherwise it would have been 2,750 for a 1.3 Glanza. It's crime to be young. :(

It is worth it I reckon. Just get the first year out of the way then I can start gettin on the road to cheaper insurance. Have to start somewhere. Its criminal, dont get me wrong, but Ive very little choice and buses just aint an option anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

AB03 wrote:
    So its gonna be this :
    Nice

I got my first insurance on my 1.1 fiat panda 04 last march and i only paid €1,200 fully comp (including my husband as name driver). The insurance company i use is Quoteline.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

AB03 wrote:
    It is worth it I reckon. Just get the first year out of the way then I can start gettin on the road to cheaper insurance. Have to start somewhere. Its criminal, dont get me wrong, but Ive very little choice and buses just aint an option anymore.

Hibernian do an ignition course for provisional drivers also.

you pay 70 euro (not refundable) and get a 23% discount if you pass. On 3000 euro thats a 690 saving!

Hibernian do not actually run the ignition couses, they are run by Institute of Advanced Motorists. The advise they give is good and if you want to get on the road to cheap insurance, getting all the advise you can not to have a bang helps.

link:
    Hibernian do an ignition course for provisional drivers also.

The money that you pay is refunded when you take out a policy with them. It is also refunded if you fail.

Hibernian do not actually run the ignition couses, they are run by Institute of Advanced Motorists. The advise they give is good and if you want to get on the road to cheap insurance, getting all the advise you can not to have a bang helps.

link:
    http://hibernian.netsource.ie/insurance/ignition_prov.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

AB03 wrote:
    So its gonna be this :
    Nice

affordable insurance :mad:

what a rip off,

Advertisement