Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do irish bb charge setup

• 07-01-2005 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Do irish bb charge a set up fee for ripwave, also i live on a seocnd floor apartment in a 6 storey buidling will this affect the signal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

zap wrote:
    Do irish bb charge a set up fee for ripwave, also i live on a seocnd floor apartment in a 6 storey buidling will this affect the signal?

Yeah they charge 100 euros or something to put it up and ANOTHER 100 to take it down. About the signal it depends on whether you have line of sight between the tranciever and one of their relay dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

to put what up? with ripwave do they not just send ya out a modem?

I'm not sure as i don't have it but there is a charge, there was talk on one of the other threads about that....

i know they charge for breeze but not sure about ripwave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They do free install if you're a student from what I know. I remember reading of a couple of people mentioning it on boards. BEst ring them and double check.

• Advertisement

You should also check on their website www.irishbroadband.ie . they have a test program too to see if you can recieve it.

Infini wrote:
    You should also check on their website www.irishbroadband.ie . they have a test program too to see if you can recieve it.

it says it can't identify if i can get it or not, but from the coverage maps i should be able to get it, i have e-mailed them and they don't reply, I phone and they eitehr don't answer or say I don't know, I want it for my place in dub that I live in during college I have Eircom DSL at home and it wasn't this much hassle.

zap wrote:
    it says it can't identify if i can get it or not, but from the coverage maps i should be able to get it, i have e-mailed them and they don't reply, I phone and they eitehr don't answer or say I don't know, I want it for my place in dub that I live in during college I have Eircom DSL at home and it wasn't this much hassle.

Maybe its because its a multi-storey building. Have you tried NTL or that?

i never even got to tell them it was a multi storey building i wa sjust going by the street address, no chance of ntl becuase the college own the building and they offer a conenction to the network which im currently using and its crap to say the least so irish BB is my only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

If you are a student

Installation for Ripwave 0
    Installation for Breeze 0

For everyone else

Installation for Ripwave 100
    Installation for Breeze 150

I know the installation is free as I am a student I have
    upgraded to breeze yesterday.
    I have breeze and it is excellent.
    :D

• Advertisement