Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats throttling?

• 07-01-2005 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

whats throttling and how do i know if my isp is doing it? also whats a torrent?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'll throttle you. you pirate bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

tman wrote:
    that was a bit harsh, i just know the terms from here i have a fair idea what they mean but im not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Throttling is when an ISP limits or blocks internet traffic on a line port. A torrent is a file for a Bittorrent application (P2P). http://forums.degreez.net/ the information about it is there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

zap wrote:
    whats throttling

It's what happens to people who ask too many stupid questions.
    zap wrote:
    and how do i know if my isp is doing it?

Your neck hurts.
    zap wrote:
    also whats a torrent?

It is the amount of abuse you get for not bothering to google such questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i can see a roasting coming on here ok sry i should have googled the questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

zap wrote:
    i can see a roasting coming on here ok sry i should have googled the questions

The vultures are circling! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

tman wrote:
    LOL!

Advertisement