Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-pod, I-River or Creative Zen?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Find it yourself :)

Well said - He made it sound like hes doing us a favour by buying it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fatal_Bert

Creative products generally have best sound quality and bang for your buck. I kinda like that fewer people have the Creative products, gives me that rebel feeling when I show people my Zen Micro :). If you want people to ooh and ahh though, go with the iPod. Sleeker looks and highly recognizable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The new Sony 20gig player looks pritty sweet. Has any one ahd any experience with them good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

id love to hear your opinions on the new iriver h10 vs the new (improved battery) ipod....All i need is anywhere between 5-20 gb of storage and for it to be small and last long.the extra recording type features are not HUGE on my list

looking nice is important as ill have to look at it for 2 yrs or so...there both NICE gadgets the h10 is really nice..

just wondering does anyone have the iriver h10 yet? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Got my H10 river in the post this morn !! size of a credit card and its plays like a dream !! there is a set of Sennheiser headphones which is an attack on the ipod white ****ty ones and also the unit does not need a driver like the Zen, all in all the colour LCD is sweet !! Work straight from plugging in the USb

Be warned it is only windows enabled !!! not for MAc or Unix users !!

9/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

there is a set of Sennheiser headphones which is an attack on the ipod white ****ty ones

they all (H Series) come with Sennheiser headphones dont they? well all mine have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

The new Sony 20gig player looks pritty sweet. Has any one ahd any experience with them good or bad?

My brother has one, its really cool looking, nice and sleak.

It also holds the equivalent of about 40 gig due to its file storgage. This however means you can't drag and drop and its a bit tedious with the software but if you can get around that, which my brother seams to be able to do, then its one to def think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Drapper wrote:
    Got my H10 river in the post this morn !! size of a credit card and its plays like a dream !! there is a set of Sennheiser headphones which is an attack on the ipod white ****ty ones and also the unit does not need a driver like the Zen, all in all the colour LCD is sweet !! Work straight from plugging in the USb

Be warned it is only windows enabled !!! not for MAc or Unix users !!

9/10
    where did you order it from?
    which colour did you get?
    can you post a pic with it beside a mobile phone so we can get some sort of size comparison?

Thanks,
    MiCr0

MiCr0 wrote:
    where did you order it from?
    which colour did you get?
    can you post a pic with it beside a mobile phone so we can get some sort of size comparison?

Thanks,
    MiCr0

got it at www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

and I am now uploading some MP3 sound is fantastic and kicks the Zens little odd shaped ass !!!!!

i'm guessing you got the blue one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yes blue why?

Wow! The H340 is only €407 delivered from www.mx2.co.uk !!! May sell my 140 for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Anyone who is saying that the iPod has crap sound needs their ears examined.

To spend all that money on the device and then underpower it with the crap packed in headphones is foolish.

I personally use these:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i-acc.asp

The difference is astonishing. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Scottish wrote:

It's not crap, but it's better on other players that are available.

Scottish wrote:

To spend all that money on the device and then underpower it with the crap packed in headphones is foolish.

I personally use these:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i-acc.asp

The difference is astonishing. Well worth the money.

Thats some price for a set of headphones !!!!

koneko wrote:
    It's not crap, but it's better on other players that are available.

According to who? How did it become the default HD player of choice? And please, whatever you do don't attribute its success to "marketing"

According to reviews and technical specifications (and personal use of different players).
    I can attribute it's success to a lot of things, but it's not necessarily the best player out there. This isn't a debate I'm going to get into with you (again), because you're not going to listen to anything that's "anti-Apple".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I bought a rio nitrus 1.5 gb in the states last October for $150 and I'm delighted with it... the battery life is ok, about 3 days of the bus. For the money I think it was great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Scottish wrote:
    According to who?
    according to every hi-fi dedicated forum I have ever seen. many say it on www.ipodlounge.com and most are big apple fans biased towards the ipod but still admit it.
    Scottish wrote:
    How did it become the default HD player of choice? And please, whatever you do don't attribute its success to "marketing"

For the reason you don't want to accept for some odd reason...
    look at VHS vs Betamax, PS Vs Saturn, Michael bolton (fresh in my mind since some bastard DJ played an otis cover today saying it was a great version), boybands, budweiser Vs any german beer at all! etc

• Advertisement

Indeed. Titanic is the highest grossing film of all time. By your logic that makes it the best aswell.

koneko wrote:
    Indeed. Titanic is the highest grossing film of all time. By your logic that makes it the best aswell.

They are all fair comparisons I suppose, and in the normal scheme of things I would agree with you.

However, I do get the impression from most of the anti-apple/ipod posts going around that these examples are not the real reasons that some people are into dissing the ipod.

A lot of PC users don't like it because its made by apple and it works without any fuss.

Therefore, Creative et al must be better, because they aren't as straightforward. They have more features (although why anyone would see the need for an FM Radio on a 40GB music player is beyond me).

I have a fairly expensive hi-fi set up at home, so I know a little bit about sound quality. How Apples Lossless format played through an ipod with good quality headphones could be considered to be worse then creative/iriver etc is beyond me. Apples AAC format is as good as anything Creative etc put out.

I've been using the ipod since its 1g mac only edition. I don't think the competition have caught up yet, despite throwing every feature in the book at their own players. Nothing works as well or as easily. Its success is a testament to that.

Maybe we'll see a few more people moving over to the unbuggy, spyware free OSX platform as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I sell the things in work so I know a wee bit about them. If I had the money to waste (I don't) I'd go for the 40Gb I-River Jukebox with the radio, direct MP3 encoding, Digital Camera dock capability, OGG-Vorbis support and full colour LCD screen.

Considering that I wouldn't need massive storage in a portable music device but WOULD want a radio (and being able to record from said radio would be a bonus), I'd be more likely to go for the Creative Zen Micro (probably the white one... and no, not cos it looks like an iPod).

I had a go of the micro, it's not bad. The storage is just not enough for me however. If you wanted recording from radio you can also get that in the iRiver H-3XX series, along with the ability to encode DVD's/Video files and watch them on the screen :eek:

where do you work bard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭djmike

Scottish wrote:

Therefore, Creative et al must be better, because they aren't as straightforward. They have more features (although why anyone would see the need for an FM Radio on a 40GB music player is beyond me).

Not true , its the tiny Micro 5Gb that has the radio , the Zen Touch 40gb deosnt have an in-built radio but there is an optional wired remote available in the US & Asia.

Creative has advantages & disadvantages , I aint Anti-iPod , I'm Pro-competition.

In otherwords.... I refuse to be a sheep.

Advertisement