Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Student Loan - details wanted

Options
  • 07-01-2005 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Anyone have any details on the Bank of Ireland student loan? The site doesn't tell me much.

Say I'm looking for €1,500. What options do I have on repayment length? How much is the interest etc. Your help would be appreciated.

Also, is there somewhere I can apply online for a BOI student loan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The interest rate is usually 1.5% below the standard variable rate for students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

Can repayments be spread over three or more years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Wouldn't it be easier just to ring up? Or call into your nearest branch?

I'm sure because its a student loan they are very accomodating when it comes to repayment schedule. As far as I remember when I had a student loan when I couldn't pay it once or twice over the year I had it, they nice lady just said "tell me how many months you need to pause the repayments for".

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will probably need someone to go guarantor for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

At what time on the drawdown date does the loan money hit your account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

At what time on the drawdown date does the loan money hit your account?

Why are you asking these inane questions? It depends! RING YOUR BANK!

Advertisement