Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML Tag FURTHER Help..........

Options
  • 07-01-2005 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

HI Again everyone,
    You may remember yesterday, that I posted the below note, thank you for such a good response, I spent some time yesterday tryin to get something to work from your sources, could not really get anything major goin.
    I suppose all I really want is something as basic and as straight forward as possible, for instance, when the radio button for I disagree is checked it will carry them to a warning page which I have made, on the other hand if they agree to it, it will carry them directly to the internet??
    I have the radio buttons created etc, all i need to is find some way to seperate the two.
    Does anyone have ideas, or perhaps examples that might give me some idea, all suggestions are welcome.

Cherrs lads......

"Hello Everyone,
    I need a little help regarding HTML. I am creating an introduction web-page with pilocies etc & what i want to do is, when a user reads these regulations he must accept them, eg. I Agree or I Disagree.
    So for instance there will be a radio button next to each option & then underneath it an Enter button.
    What I am trying to achieve is when then hit the agree option & click enter it will carry them directly to the web, on the other had
    when they have the I Disagree option checked and go for hittin the enter button it will carry them to a web page that will say access denied.....

Can anyone be of any help please....??"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

youd need more than html for that.
    with html all you could realy do is link to one page or another.
    whether its a radio button or an image.

whats to stop them ignoring your page and typing a new url into the adress bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tranceenigma

I agree alright, but sure for the moment something just to start off.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

use this (just replace the google URL with your 'disagree' link and the forms action with your agree URL.
    <form action="policy.htm" method="get">
    Do you agree to all of our rules?
    <input type="button" value="I Disagree" accesskey="d" onClick="window.open('http://www.google.ie', '_self')" />
    <input type="submit" value="I Agree" accesskey="a" />
    </form>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Why don't you put a link to the 'Terms of Use' in the footer area of the page?
    As a user/customer I would be annoyed with having to click on this extra page. Even worse for dial-up users, things are slow enough.

http://www.coolminesports.com/ does what you are looking to do.
    Even with JavaScript turned on it allowed me to click the Submit button and go to the real page.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi,

replied to your original post here

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tranceenigma

hey kbannon thats excellent, i was just looking at your code & trying it out, its a great start, im going to try and work around it.....

cheers again

Advertisement