Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Gets new investors?

• 07-01-2005 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Is this good news or bad ? I know IBB get bashed around in Boards but wireless broadband will be brought to areas not currently covered by BB.

What do you all think? Is it another cop out for the Country in investing in proper telecoms infrstructure??

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Its good news. The investor is IAWS which tendered for the MAN

(Note there are 2 entities called IAWS , the co-op and the PLC, the investment came from the co-op IIRC)

M

Muck,

How is IAWS linked to Kisaran Concrete and NTR ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

The investment is coming from National Toll Roads and Kilsaran Concrete Products.

And there we were, wondering why NTR increased the toll charges by 20% :)

jbkenn

• Advertisement

Muck,

How is IAWS linked to Kisaran Concrete and NTR ??

Indeed my starchy friend.

I had not checked the link as I assumed the news was this story yesterday Here
    Irish Agricultural Wholesale Society Limited, known as the IAWS Co-op, has bought 16.59% of infrastructure company NTR.

So they have 2 new investors it seems , I know nothing of Kilsaran.

M

Kilsaran appear to be owned by the KCP Group based in India ????

The plot thickens ... back to Gooooooooogle ....

Found more info Here including more typical IBB lies . They are such a dishonest bunch of sleeveens, no amount of money will ever change that :(
    "The company is providing coverage in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Waterford, Drogheda and Dundalk"

Duh! Has anyone ever got a service from IBB in Galway , Limerick , Waterford or Dundalk

SPEAK !

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

They're not even providing it in Ranelagh now - Grrrrrrr!!!!!
    Let alone any of those with the exception of Cork maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

Muck wrote:
    Found more info Here including more typical IBB lies . They are such a dishonest bunch of sleeveens, no amount of money will ever change that :(

Duh! Has anyone ever got a service from IBB in Galway , Limerick , Waterford or Dundalk

SPEAK !

M

I emailed them regarding their statement saying they are live in Galway and how one would subscribe to their service, I await a reply.

-=- RintPete

• Advertisement

They were peddling lies to the local newspapaers in Galway about a year ago on the button where they were saying they would be live in Galway by June or July 2004 ....latest. Still nothing.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

This is what Irish Broadband employee Ruari Jennings told the Dail communications committe some time ago:

""Mr. Jennings: The range for the Ripwave product can be extended up to ten kilometres with the addition of external antennae that can be removed. An external antenna is connected by suction onto a window to extend the range but there is a limit of about ten kilometres. Other wireless technologies beamed from a hilltop will achieve ranges of up to 20 kilometres and more. We are using licence-exempt spectrum that is regulated to limit the amount of power that we can legally transmit. Using licensed spectrum, such as the 3.5 GigaHertz band, will enable higher power levels and thereby an extended range and better performance. It is a key strategy of our company to compete head to head with DSL in Dublin and in that way we can build out from Dublin using a strong revenue platform which is critical to build any business of scale. That is a key battleground for us, to compete successfully with DSL, and we are doing so. Even in the Sandyford industrial estate in Dublin where we are located there are companies that have failed DSL line tests. One would imagine that DSL is ubiquitous in an industrial estate but it is not because of the quality of the copper lines. ""
    Link http://broadband.oireachtas.ie/JC18_Page04.htm

Speaks for itself really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

your toll dollars at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There's no Irish Broadband in Drogheda for that matter either. The only wireless providers in Drogheda are Net1 and Digiweb.

Advertisement