Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best selling car in US for the last 23 years

Options
  • 07-01-2005 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Ford F-series. About a million of these cars *ahum* are sold every year :rolleyes:

ford_f150.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's no accounting for taste........particularly bad taste !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

the lightining version of it is lovely and the dodge ram competitor of this in i think 5.7 litre hemi magnum version is absolutely gorgeos.
    more of a boys toy though but when done up look the absolute part.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

lomb wrote:
    the lightining version of it is lovely and the dodge ram competitor of this in i think 5.7 litre hemi magnum version is absolutely gorgeos.
    more of a boys toy though but when done up look the absolute part.

The Dodge RAM SRT-10 is the fastest pickup truck on earth - 158mph!
    :eek:

Dont know why the original poster has something against pickups...whats the most popular selling vehicle here, the Focus? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hmmm, best selling in the US maybe but Californians still vote for the Honda Accord.

Pick-ups in the States are occasionally used for their intended purpose unlike the amount of Terrano/Trooper/Land Cruiser commercials here which are used to deliver printer cartridges.

And as for pointing at the best selling car in Ireland - sure begorrah, we have no taste at-all at-all.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel

gs39t wrote:
    The Dodge RAM SRT-10

With the 8.3 V10 from the Viper. 500BHP for just €35k :eek:
    gs39t wrote:
    Dont know why the original poster has something against pickups

Not really when they're used for what they were built for, but some are just soo ugly. Also American pickups look a lot more uniform than European cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

unkel wrote:

Also American pickups look a lot more uniform than European cars

*cough* Chevy SSR

104gallery_major02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I quite like the 'classic' F-150 :o

Concur with all in regards of the 'purpose' argument (which is why I abhorr SUVs and People Carriers) - except perhaps in the above case of the SSR (I'm a fool for beautiful metal on wheels :D )

gs39t wrote:
    *cough* Chevy SSR

Puke ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can't wait till the F-series comes with an electric/hybrid engine. See them rednecks blanch!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Is it supposed to happen? Reverting back to the 'utility' argument, I can see the wisdom of a full-electric version (unbelievable torque compared to any petrol/diesel version, mad ones excepted), but given distances in US and current range levels of all-electric cars, a no-go... Hybrid sounds inherently over-complicated and the Prius is just way up there with the MultiBleuark design-wise. An F' series would the first good-looking hybrid car to come yet :D Still, so much metal to move with batteries... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hillbillies buy them and then star in America's wildest police chases and wonder why the "car" flipped when they tried to take a 90o turn at 100 mph

the "car" flipped when they tried to take a 90o turn at 100 mph

More like 20o turn at 30mph

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i wouldnt say no to one .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

My god there is people with taste on this forum. Finally not a posting complaining about fuel economy of an almera or focus or some other $hitbox.
    The SSR does indeed rock and does kinda step outside the intended purpose arguement...
    Intended Purpose=
    A. dead deer on bonnet bales of hay in back?

B. cruising the strip with the (electric retracting metal) roof down scoping out the talent?

C. doing the speed limit wherever you are in executive barge type luxury and comfort?
    Even if you don't like it's styling you've got to admit at least it does show someone is "thinking outside the ($hit) box"

Advertisement