Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Objects

Options
  • 07-01-2005 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Marnin' all,

Anyone here have any experience of buying pc bits from shops in the Far East? By that I mean actually physically being in a shop/market over there. A friend of mine is headed for Taiwan next week and I'm thinking of getting him to pick up a decent, but cheap, mobo and AMD 64 cpu. Any pitfalls I should be aware of? Any places in Taipei you could recommend for decent hardware (he's after a DVD burner himself)? And yes, the buyer *can* tell the difference between a cpu and a square of Dairy Milk. ;)
    Come to think of it, can anyone verify if my perception of hardware being cheaper over there is, in fact, true? What kind of prices have people been paying?
    Thanks for any info you can share.

G

p.s. It just didn't seem right putting this in the Technology area. May lightning strike...the guy in the next cubicle if I'm wrong.

Advertisement