Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Haynes Manual - where to get them ?

Options
  • 07-01-2005 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking for any recommendations on where to get a Haynes manual. I have tried Amazon and it would work out at about €30. I was just wondering if there is anywhere around Dublin city centre that sells them at this price.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Saw them in Motorway in Blanch for €29.99

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Motorway are rip off merchants!
    Try ebay.co.uk.
    However, I have found that the quality of the manuals is deteriorating. In some of the manuals I own there are many mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

kbannon wrote:
    Motorway are rip off merchants!
    Wo calm down ;) I wasn't sayin buy em there, jus saying they are available there.....personally I'd get one off the net

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Easons used carry a stock of popular models, but I've gotten several from ebay recently and saved €€€€'s

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

mitchells car shop on capel street sell them €20.00 euro giv or take a couple.....if they dont have your car make model in stock theyl order it in for you and have it the next working day and no extra cost!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Thanks for the useful info guys.

I have ordered one from Mitchells which will be €30 and in on Monday. This is slightly more expensive from Amazon and ebay had none but it will be quicker to get.

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

thats slightly more expensive than wat i got.....maybe it depends on the car.....rover 400 was mine (that explains it!!!!)

bit late now but for future reference there is also Halfrauds on the Malahide Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Or buy from the man himself :)

Prices vary but typically £16 + £5 p&p outside UK. About the same as retail here but available range is huge and you don't have to leave your garage to get it

They've never done 7 series and never will. Thanks be to jaysis

Bentley manuals whilst written for US models are a superior book to use.
    www.bentleypublishers.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

unkel wrote:
    They've never done 7 series and never will. Thanks be to jaysis

What are you saying unkel? They never break down or you'll never lift the bonnet yourself?! :D

Mike.

Neither :D

Oops kbannon, you nearly had me there but Bentley only do the E32 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

which 7 have u got?

Yeah, I saw Bentley only did up to the E32 (1994). Your E38 was never done for some reason, possibly because there are so much electronics in it that there is no room for traditional mechanical servicing! ;)
    My E39 has so many fuses that Im totally lost. The main fusebox is in the boot (drivers side) but there as many on the other side of the boot, same amount inside the car and again under the pollen filters. They are everywhere!
    However, chatting to many E34 & E39 owners there seems to be a total difference between the types of repairs needed over time. The E34 tends to be more traditional mechanical repairs whilst the newer model E39 is all electrical. I reckon in another few years it will be impossible to work on a car without a pc.

kbannon wrote:
    I reckon in another few years it will be impossible to work on a car without a pc.

Aye. Already you need to hook up most cars to a pc with proprietary software to find out what's wrong

Advertisement