Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox - help me confirm something

• 07-01-2005 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Does pigsback.com load incorrectly for anyone out there - especially members.

I couldn't confim using my points yesterday as when it loaded my address at confirmation the postcode was
    unlike IE which read it corrctly, and when I clicked the confim button nothing happened.

The main page is acceptable but the left-right columns don't have the full list of links (and don't 'close' at the bottom like IE)

If I goto Shortcuts>Timeout>Competitions I get an empty page with about 1 graphic on it.

Argh! Just want to know it's not me with a mixture of adblock, proxies and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Firefox still has some bugs in it and can occasionally load pages incorrectly. Don't worry about it they'll probably fix it in the next update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

True but is it not the case that some sites are simply not fully compatible with FF - I don't think this is a bug it's simply an IE-friendly site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Bri wrote:
    Does pigsback.com load incorrectly for anyone out there - especially members.

I couldn't confim using my points yesterday as when it loaded my address at confirmation the postcode was
    unlike IE which read it corrctly, and when I clicked the confim button nothing happened.

The main page is acceptable but the left-right columns don't have the full list of links (and don't 'close' at the bottom like IE)

If I goto Shortcuts>Timeout>Competitions I get an empty page with about 1 graphic on it.

Argh! Just want to know it's not me with a mixture of adblock, proxies and so on.
    I had problems when I went to spend my piggypoints, the postcode drop down menu wouldn't work with firefox....worked fine in IE though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Bri wrote:
    True but is it not the case that some sites are simply not fully compatible with FF - I don't think this is a bug it's simply an IE-friendly site?

Yes that’s a much more likely explanation; Firefox actually follows standards even if some web developers don’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Right so thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Have same problem with the Meteor website in FF......cant send the free txt messages in FF but can in IE......this is the problem with the web developer being an IE head and not bothering putting in support for other browsers!!! the more that people use FF the sooner this will change!! and for the better

IE = VIRUS

Advertisement