Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding a local in Cork

• 07-01-2005 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello All!

WEll i have lived in cork for the last 3 years, by pure unluck, my job has only introduced me to middle aged people who are married all living in the country and subarbs. The youngest person is 40 and married, so my social life on that front is non-existence.

I go out with the girls in my house, but have never really found a local, we could try one pub this week and not go near it for another 6 months.

We live in St lukes, but not too keen with the pubs there, we were thinking of McCurtain Street. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

The LV is nice - decent bar staff and nice music. depends on your taste though.
    Agora is ok - has a foreign vibe I think. They're both by the bottom
    of Summer Hill so handy for a stroll down from St Lukes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I like the LV myself. Never seems that busy whenever I am in there altough that may be a direct result of me being in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A friend of mine manages the Agora I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

try the shelbourne or the one down at the corner by patricks bridge (by vibes and scribes) Gallaghers. The second is a youngish crowd 20 - 30s good place to drink... You'd usually get an older crowd in agora, dunno bout lvs but worth a look either way. Sky bar is not too bad if it's full... that further down than centra...

Try out them pubs for yourself there is a whole host of them on mac curtain street alone. Just a bit down you got that place by the bus station the name escapes me. Someone can help me out? The bróg isn't too bad at all and you get a range in crowd ages (oliver plunket street) worth the walk but it is practically the other side of town. Stay away from pubs down by train station/arcadia and you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

hate the shelbourn..but thats just me..

could try the sin-e.. ..cobur(n/g) street..i think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

yea isn't the best tbh but always packed on busy nights.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

sin e and the pub next door to it are best followed by the lv, not really local pubs though mainly for back packing tourists staying nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

take a stroll over to Barrck St. Try the Gateway, Tom Barrys and Nancys (wknd only). Three great spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i agree with gimmick, barrack street has a huge and mostly friendly selection of pubs, however it is a bit of a walk from st. lukes.

what about the mutton lane inn off patrick street?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bella_1979

Thanks for all yere suggestions, going to try to LV and the Shelbourne this week....

• Advertisement
Advertisement