Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4

Options
  • 07-01-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭

Review is up on IGN. A score of 9.8, and the best survival horror ever. 20 hours of gameplay.

I'm ordering today.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭smokingman

heading to GAME this afternoon myself for a pre-order.
    Heard somewhere that they will be giving away a making-of DVD with it if you pre-order there....
    I'll find out later for sure.

Cannot wait for this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Sounds cool. I'd import but I have PM2 and Tales of Symphonia to finish so I'll wait for the PAL version. Can't wait though, it sounds cool that you're always under attack from things rather than them giving up when you go through a door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First 2 reviews are a 10/10 and 9.8. Sounds great. Love the resident evil series. However don't have enough money to get this from America. Will definitely get it the day its released on PAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Retr0gamer wrote:
    First 2 reviews are a 10/10 and 9.8. Sounds great. Love the resident evil series. However don't have enough money to get this from America. Will definitely get it the day its released on PAL.

Just ordered it from Play-Asia, hopefully will support 480P mode too! Free Umbrella to boot!

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭smokingman

Matt Simis wrote:
    Just ordered it from Play-Asia, hopefully will support 480P mode too! Free Umbrella to boot!

Matt

Apparently it does...can't wait to hear it on my surround system too...the sound was always brilliant on the resi games and I'd imagine the slow moaning getting ever closer and creepier will leave me completely sh**ing bricks with all the lights off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Wow, looks sweet. What's the Euro release date? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Yeah, I pre-ordered it there in November, can't bloody wait!! :D

As for PAL release, I think it's hovering sometime around March 2005 now, according to another Resi 4 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was going to nab it on import, but I went and bought Zelda: Four Swords Adventures today so it'll have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Was going to nab it on import, but I went and bought Zelda: Four Swords Adventures today so it'll have to wait.

does using gba's to play mess it up or add to it

<offtopic, but replying to D22ontour>
    I think it adds to it. You can play it single-player using your GC controller (for the GBA parts a window pops up in the middle of the screen), but you need GBAs to play multiplayer. It's ridiculously good fun in multiplayer, I was playing the multiplayer a bit with a friend who bought the US version. Epona racing = best minigame EVER.
    </offtopic>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Is March the release for bot GC and PS2 per chance?

Just GC. You're looking at about another 9-10 months for PS2, for what's probably going to be an inferior version of the game.

It is inferior looking (I'v seen a demo of it) but not as bad as everyone would assume.

On another note, whnever a game moves to another console, it always comes with extras. Something I look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

thank god they sorted the controls out the ps1 ports with a lick of paint didnt do anything for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It is inferior looking (I'v seen a demo of it) but not as bad as everyone would assume.

On another note, whnever a game moves to another console, it always comes with extras. Something I look forward to.
    thank god for sheep
    they provide us with bountiful mutton and wool
    yay!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

tman wrote:
    thank god for sheep
    they provide us with bountiful mutton and wool
    yay!

Dont forget the pleasure they also provide to welshman /sigh

d22ontour wrote:
    thank god they sorted the controls out the ps1 ports with a lick of paint didnt do anything for me
    did you actually read the review? still the same digital controls only with added analogue aiming (woopdee****ingdoo!)

sounds like the typical "add 2 to the real score" ign review to me tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

tman wrote:
    did you actually read the review? still the same digital controls only with added analogue aiming (woopdee****ingdoo!)

sounds like the typical "add 2 to the real score" ign review to me tbh

how about you wait until you play it to be the judge of that. The camera angles have changed singnificantly, which effectively means the controls are a LOT easier to use, and feel natural.

meh!

(i'm trying not to build myself up for a big letdown... help me out ffs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've played the demo, and 'tis indeed very nice to play, definetly a step up over past Resident Evil games (especially with the aiming). I'll be picking this one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

its fookin hard not to get wroekd up over it. especially whe the first 3 reviews it received gave it an average of 9.9 out of 10. i cant wait for the 11th when my copy ships!!!!!!!

/me watches Resident Evil: Apocalypse and gets even more excited about Resi 4 :D

as far as being a good film, its terrible but i thoroughly enjoyed it even though you could see shag all in the fight scenes cause the camera was movin everywhere. I had to cancel my order at lik sang cause the chainsaw release has been changed to feb so ill have to put another in just for the game when i can nab that credit card off my brother again.

I had to cancel my order at lik sang cause the chainsaw release has been changed to feb so ill have to put another in just for the game

That sucks -- I was looking forward to a detailed playtest on the chainsaw! :o
    as far as being a good film, its terrible but i thoroughly enjoyed it

It really isn't a great movie by any stretch, but I really really like it -- the little game references make it that much more likeable. *gasp* S.T.A.R.S uniforms, actual S.T.A.R.S personnel, Jill Valentine, Nemesis growling "Stars" :D:D

Whatever about Alice ;)

TCamen wrote:
    It really isn't a great movie by any stretch, but I really really like it -- the little game references make it that much more likeable. *gasp* S.T.A.R.S uniforms, actual S.T.A.R.S personnel, Jill Valentine, Nemesis growling "Stars" :D:D

Whatever about Alice ;)
    aye. pretty damn enjoyable movie (i was drunk at the time tbh)
    sticking slightly closer to the plot of one of the games actually helped it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

TCamen wrote:
    That sucks -- I was looking forward to a detailed playtest on the chainsaw! :o

Whatever about Alice ;)

Even forgetting alice, and that poxy ending, i thought the movie sucked. I'm a huge fan of the series but WTF did paul anderson do to nemesis! The real nemesis would have
    shot the stupid bitch into twenty million little blobs of red bouncy flesh instead of realising he actually loved her or was human at one stage
    . Thats what p*ssed me off about hellboy too. poxy american dumbing down
    bad guy actually a good guy
    mentality.

grrr

anyway, must play resi two again. still havent finished 1 on the gc yet. scary game that is, love the lighting!

the next film will have shag all to do with the games it seems. i mean wtf is the alice project?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Gamespot gave it 9.6 :eek: For reference, they gave the same score to GTA:SA, 9.4 to Halo 2 and 9.2 to Half - Life 2.

• Advertisement

excellent!!!! :D cant wait to see what games tm give it next month but ill probably have finished it by that time.

Advertisement