Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

WTF!? Resi 4 out today in america?? i was not expecting that!! would have thought it would be similar to metroid prime.....

**** this get me a freeloader and import site now!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're a week late nesthead and i don't mean you're up the duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hehe tman.

liksang finally shipped it! so hopefully sometime mid next week ill be knee deep in severed heads and entrails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's fúcking great! Looks better than HL2 for art, and the story and bad guys are excellent

Completed it last night :D

17 hours game time, well over that real time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'll never understand why people race through games like that. I enjoy spending at least a week or two on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i cant say i race through them i seem to get a longer lifespan out of games probably because i stink at them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I'll never understand why people race through games like that.

For me, I think it really depends on the game. Stuff like Resident Evil & Eternal Darkness I just wasn't able to stop until I finished them. XY/XX on DS was a bit like that too -- had me hooked :)

I've been playing 'Prince of Persia 2' since Christmas, but fairly infrequently has to be said -- it's good, but it doesn't make me wanna play it every day for hours. 'Halo 2', I actually slowed down with because it was getting all a bit same-y when you fly through the levels.

I don't doubt Resident Evil 4 will be a MUST-PLAY :D

It better f**king arrive tomorrow in the post!!!!!!!

Theres still more to do though ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I finished HL2 in about 8-10 hours over 2 days of a weekend coz if I didn't I knew it would have me obsessed. I want a cube and a few of themust have titles (inc RE4) but the more I think about it the better it would be if i didn't!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tusky wrote:
    I'll never understand why people race through games like that. I enjoy spending at least a week or two on them.

Cos they can ?

If i could i would but that life thing dammit gets in the way took me over 2 months to finish GTA with 50 hours gametime :confused:

Good games make you want to play them more.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have to race through them. I've so many that i've a box almost full of games I haven't even played yet.

GIBLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Play Asia just shipped my order. For those who ordered from them before, how long does it normally take?

Re4 > *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

taken from gamerankings.com
    On 1/11 the GameCube received a new game from Capcom titled Resident Evil 4. Since then 11 sites and magazines have reviewed it including Deeko.com, GameSpot, IGN and N-Insanity. Together their reviews have resulted in an average ratio of 96.6%. That ratio has resulted in this title becoming the 4th best game of all time and the 1st best game on the GameCube.

bloimeh :eek:

gamerankings is cool alright I mean the right game is at number 1 but number 2 is a bit dodgy. i had it and it was fun but not amazing.

not exactly the best games ever. some are thuogh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I just got this in the post today (videogamesplus.ca are fassst) and it's just as good as I hoped, enviroments are excellent, move to 3D is a huge stepup over past Resident Evil games. And did I mention how scary it is?

...make sure you play it in the dark...

hurry hurry hurry mr.postman!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

only played a bit so far

it's scary :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Started playing it last night. This is going to kill my sleep pattern. Sounds great through pro-logic.

koneko wrote:
    only played a bit so far

it's scary :(

Just you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Giblet wrote:
    Just you wait.

The ProLogic II 5.1 sound is surprisingly effective too! Its good, hard, but not frustrating like the other RE games. I forsee some complaining (not from me..) about the move towards the hands on action approach of RE4 from the very slow and distanced RE0-3 games.

Matt

ok my order shipped last saturday so im expecting by friday.

i selected global priority mail on liksang. will it come with the post or separate?

for those who ordered from play asia, did you have to pay anything on customs? ive been reading loads of people in england are gettin charged about £15 on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

evad_lhorg wrote:
    for those who ordered from play asia, did you have to pay anything on customs? ive been reading loads of people in england are gettin charged about £15 on top of it.

Yep, of course. Paying customs duty/VAT is whats meant to happen when importing products. You may get lucky, I paid for a faster courier (UPS), they are more likely to get stopped by Customs.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

how much you have to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ordered it from Lik Sang yesterday using DHL at a total cost of $81.90 (€62), got an email today saying its been shipped. Can't wait :D though I know I'm gonna be killed by some monstrous hidden cost.

if you get it before me im gonna be so pissed! i ordered mine two days before the official release from liksang. then the cnuts didnt ship it until last friday and it still isnt in my cube!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

got it today. wooot!!!!!! man oh man does it rock. im really only at the strat in the village still. just lost the head a bit(major pun intended) and loved it. absolutely gorgeous game. takes a few minutes to get used to the laser sight aiming but then it's all good.! back for more I go! no college for me today! :D

Advertisement