Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I want this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got mine.....
    Roll on tonight !! :)

Eurogamer Review is now up. 9/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Anyone heard the scurrilous rumour that resident evil 4 has been a flop and capcom have had to liquidate thier assets? Sounds like bullsh!t to me but the rumours out there :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well last weeks GamesTM said they turned a nice little profit this quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Hell yaeh mine arrived yesterday and spent most of the day getting used to the controls, my only gripe is that it doesnt feel like a 'true' resident evil game but it is fantasic, a work of art.
    Graphics, Sound, Playability all way up there. Best game ive played in a long time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hate all you people currently playing this game. I've been broke all during January and won't be paid until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I hate all you people currently playing this game. I've been broke all during January and won't be paid until tomorrow.
    join the club :(
    i've had to settle for playing through mp2:e for the third time instead of getting this game.
    i'll have to wait for the PAL release

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

tman wrote:
    i've had to settle for playing through mp2:e for the third time instead of getting this game.
    Like that's a real hardship...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Damn what a game! Got it on monday and I've been playing it non stop since. Love the new combat system, manual aiming rocks. Though I'm not too fond of the view. While it's a hell of a lot better than the pre-set camera angles from the previous games its annoying not being able to see whats coming from behind while in a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

right ive fought the two bosses.
    played just over 4 hours game time. have fought the first two bosses. just got ashley and am in the cabin from all the trailers with Luis where he goes "it's game time" and you have all those guys comin at ya from over the bridge with their torches. it's real hard. they just keep coming. ive only really jumped once or twice and havnt really been scared although i felt my pulse getting faster a few times ie when im about to get killed. tis really amazing but as was said before it is not like resi games really. bit more like mgs imo but a whole lot better and tense. had a lot of trouble in some place. ive found some parts hard like il gigante, he killed me twice so i sold stuff to the merchant and bought a rocket launcher and that killed him in 1 shot :D. del lago was easy enough.
    the chainsaw dudes are harder to kill imo. have had my head whacked off about 5 times cause of the shotgun takin so long to reload.

oh yea kirby we have one of your tallaght dudes workin with us this week and he had himself a go while i was in yesterday. told him to tell you how great it was! :D

I'm about an hour and a half into it. Fuppin' brilliant game. To be honest, I liked it (but didn't love it) when I played it first on Tuesday (mainly coz I was getting my ass kicked!). Love it now, though.....

Wow.

Wait till you get to the next boss evad_lhorg, he is in my opinion one of the best looking bosses ever.
    Love the music in this game. The point where I'm at now
    the castle
    it starts to get really weird and certainly ups the tenshion.

aw man you were right the
    village chief boss was deadly! i always let the bosses and rare enemies kill me to see how good it looks. one of the best was when the guy with the claws put em through my head , lifted me then the other one through my stomach. didnt let the invisible insects kill me cause i was too busy bein jumpy cause i couldnt see the bastards! im just at the point where luis got killed. good stuff!

just started chapter 3-4. im lovin so much tbh! one of the games of teh year i guarantee it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Anyone got any experiences ordering from play-asia.com? I'm importing RE4 and can't really decide between them and lik-sang, who are more expensive but whose delivery times are usually okay.

i ordered from liksang and using the free delivery it took 10 days from the day it shipped. my mate ordered from playasia but he paid for a better delivery and it arrived about 4 days after shiping.

id probably suggest videogamesplus.ca though cause they seem to be better.

I ordered from Play-Asia. It shipped on a Monday and arrived the following Monday. Got a free $5 voucher with the order (which I used to order another game, and that came with another $5 voucher) :)

I ordered from Lik sang using $20 DHL delivery. That with the game being $59 came to about $80 which converted to €62. Got it in three working days.

Heh so did you let one of the chainsaw guys kill you evad_lhorg? I think gruesome is an understatement :D

yea i let the chainsaw man kill me straighjt away! was hilarious!

have let all the bosses kill me so far.
    lake boss didnt kill great! neither did the giant dude. the village chief was deadly he killed me good! the best has to go to the guy with the 2foot long claws! he killed me two different ways! absolutely vicious! as was luis' death

How does chief Mendes kill you?
    So I'm playing now on the harder difficulty level you get when you finish the normal game. Damn its hard! Ran out of ammo fighting the first chainsaw guy so I ended up running around the village for five minutes till I found some ammo in a box.

• Advertisement

he kills you cool just before he
    turns into the big weird thing and you have to avoid him. i was sittin back watchin the little cutscene not paying attention to the controller and it was too late. he grabbed me by the throat and broke my neck leaving my head flopping which looked cool, and then he threw me across the room and when the body landed you just see the cool physics on the neck. real nice! also the whole eye scket sound when you kill him is absolutely classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

so many spoilers :(

march seems so goddamned far away now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Indeed...I'm almost tempted to read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

so many spoilers

march seems so goddamned far away now

Damn right! I've been trying not to read the spoilers since this thread started.

ah sod this; I'm going to import the bleedin thing.
    For those who imported from lik-sang, did anyone choose to pay by bank transfer? I'm going to do this tommorow and I was wondering, when I do the transfer, if I tell them at the bank my lik sang ac number, can they note that on the transfer? I'd hate to transfer the money into lik sangs account and then not have it noted as coming from "me" if you know what I mean...

Advertisement