Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a network card

Options
  • 07-01-2005 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

My pc messed up. Tried installing 2 network cards a us robotics one with a cd (don't know model) and now EDIMAX Fast Ethernet adaptor with a floppy. Both cards caused the same problems so I take it it's my pc. 1.Windows XP didn't detect either of them 2.when it did it said both of them was a microsoft loop back device... I tried updating the drivers from disc and everything. my friend(he does networking course in college) came over to have a look and thought it was the first card. The pc is good few years old and i updated to xp from me... Anybody help with this problem as i wish to get internet access on the pc and want to set up a lan asap. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Have you installed chipset drivers for your motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

This is prob the fault, getting drivers atm cheers for help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

i can find only update drivers on intel site, searched all morning and can't find them. Anyone help me out plz? D850GB motherboard... no drivers installled apparently. Thanks!

Advertisement