Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting Speakers from Home Cinema set

Options
  • 07-01-2005 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I have a Home Cinema kit that has four small speakers, a Sub Woofer and an Oval shaped speaker.

There are long copper wires connected to each speaker. At the moment, the four small speakers are on the floor of my sitting room and the copper wires are everywhere. It looks awful and the speakers are'nt in a great position.

Does anyone know the best way to postion/mount these speakers so I can hide the wire and get the best use of the speakers?

I have coving around the ceiling of the sitting room and there is a keyhole shape in the back of the speaker for some kind of bracket.

Is there a kit you can buy to attach the speakers to once you've mounted them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah you can get stands all over the place - argos have some, every did/powercity etc should be able to supply as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Thanks for that - I went to Power City there and they have both Floor stands and Wall Brackets.

Whats the best place to position the different speakers though? The Oval shaped speaker goes on top of the telly AFAIK, what about the subwoofer?

Should the four small speakers go in the four corners of the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

20001_diagram.gif

That would be an ideal situation if possible in your room. The sub can go in any corner and the speakers should go about ear height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As a tip to hide your wires, just run them all up the corner directly behind the TV. Then punch a SMALL hole in the coving (careful now) and feed the wires round. Take one end out at each corner and put your bracket up close to coving.
    I've it like this in my room and although it's fiddly to get the wires round to where they need to go it is a lot tidier in the end. If the holes are noticeable simply fill em with polyfilla or decorating caulk. As for the sub, mines behind the sofa on the opposite wall to the TV. It still rumbles the whole room.
    Centre speaker can be a bit of a **** especially if you keep the TV in a corner rather than in the middle of a wall. Instead of placing mine on the TV I put it on a small shelf above the mantlepiece...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

I got speaker stands at the weekend for the two back speakers and got a glue gun and pasted all cabling down along the skirting.

So, the Sub Woofer doesnt need to be beside the tv? It can be just as effective in a corner behind a couch?

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

A sub will be effective in any corner of the room.

Advertisement