Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celebrity Big Brother

• 07-01-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

I didn't even know this was starting last night, but, caught it anyway, and it seems that Channel 4 are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Brigitte Nielsen and Caprice .... total media whores, seems that they'll do anything to hold on to a bit of fame

Bez ... ffs, he wobbled around for the Happy Mondays

Some ex Holly Oaks actor

The bloke that does the horse racing

Lisa I'anson, who I think is cool, used to do the voice over for sky's uncovered series.

Some little dude from the blazin squad?

and Germaine "The Female Eunuch" Greer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Can't believe Germaine Greer is in there, thought she had some sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

f-ing hate Blazin' Squad, wish they'd go out in a blaze. (and not of glory)

Nielsen will take her clothes off and have a fight in an empty room, thats why shes there. Caprice is trying to re launch herself with her new nose and lips (IMO), Bez doesn't know where he is, The horse racing dickhead is there for a fight too. The others are just desperate for publicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

John Mc C "horse racing dickhead" will be the first one knocked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

"Celebrity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Good God - I only recognise half of these, and even then barely! Lisa I'Anson?! Come on! I'd know her voice, but I've never seen her face before.

I think they need a whole new sub-alphabet for how far down this bunch would be on the celebrity ladder.

If this is the best the UK can come up with for a celebrity TV show, I dread to think who we'd have in this country. (Based on Celebrity Farm, it'd be a few trendos from Lillies and the cook from the RTE canteen.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Only reason to watch it is 4 that riade from Blazing Squad!

fletch wrote:
    Only reason to watch it is 4 that riade from Blazing Squad!

Ban this saddo.

BolBill wrote:
    Ban this saddo.
    What!! It was a genuine comment....he is gorg...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Tis cack !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

[fr.jack impression]these fecking gob****es are they never off the air.[/fr.jack impression]

/me hurls bottle at t.v

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i know caprice, neilson one and that horse racing wanker. The rest of them I dont know who they are and it was funny because they didnt know each other either.

This will BOMB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Cactus Col wrote:
    Brigitte Nielsen and Caprice .... total media whores, seems that they'll do anything to hold on to a bit of fame

QUOTE]
    It is slightly upsetting at how much a media whore brigitte nielsen is, my stomach churned with shame when i seen her, she literally turns me off my food.
    As for the lisa I'an something, yes just get off with your boyfriend infront of all the viewers that bothered to tune in, thats really what i wanted to see, her eating the face of her boyfriend.

Saying that jeremy from holy oaks? Not bad, not bad at all...

Te british voted big brother the highlighht of 2004 and therefore there will be countless millions that will tune in to watch this one.

Unfortunatley i will probably watch it, if only to come in here and bitch about the idiots.

elvis2002 wrote:
    i know caprice, neilson one and that horse racing wanker. The rest of them I dont know who they are and it was funny because they didnt know each other either.
    Yeh I thought it was gas when they had to introduce themselves to each other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

What a pile of crap!

The only name I recognise is Caprice!

I'd usually watch this sort of stuff but no way in hell will I be watching this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Total rubbish...tuned in to see who the 'celebrities' were last night, but come ON, there's a couple that are just about clinging to Z List status, and the rest... ffs they're NOBODIES. That drunk/stoned guy wasn't even EVER a celebrity, I mean when he came in, he was like "Oh ya know that guy from that band, well I'm his neighbour and I was in a few videos" HA!

As for Brigitte Nielsen, she's just plain sad -- she's done this all before in the US on 'The Surreal Life' (loser 'celebs' stuck in a house together). Though I do quite like the movie 'Red Sonja' that she was in with Arnie. :)

The rest of 'em.... Jeremy Edwards has a cute little dog, and Lisa I'anson very much over-estimates her 'sexual power' over men :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope the series absolutely tanks, but of course it won't..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Even if I find them annoying Germaine Greere and John "horse racing wanker" McC at least have some interesting opinions and personalities that you don't see in most of the twenty-something or thirty-something non-entities you usually get on big brother. Makes it a little bit (but not much) more watchable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

These shows are just a way to relaunch dead careers,as the years go on when you turn on a television all you ll get is this kind of filth and you wont recognise any of the so called celebrities taking part,but there will always be muppets who sit at home glued to their telly boxes and txtin in sayin "dont get voted off your so hot"
    its enought to make me sick tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Aww would you all stop giving out. Who did you all expect to go into the house? Robbie Williams? Michael Jackson? The Queen?

CBB is all about having C-list celebs in it. AFAIK it almost coined that phrase "C-list celeb"
    Apart from the 2 young guys that were in it I knew who everybody else was, although I had heard of Blazin' Squad but not any specific members.
    And I have to say I was completely shocked to see Jermaine Greer appear in it!

And also, I remember when the normal BB started during the summer an AWFUL lot of people (me included) came on here complaining that the BB phenomenom had run it's course and that they had just filled the house with a load of weirdos and f**ktards, which they had, but it made for good throw away type television with some really funny bits.
    You all know you'll watch it while cringeing at the antics of some of the hasbeens as the all try to revive their failing careers. Stay in, can't miss tv it certainly ain't but it definitley does fall into the "carcrash" category.I guarantee you all will watch it over the next couple of weeks!! ;)

Just for the record, your man from Blazin' Squad will win!! (Well my prediction anyway!!)

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As much as I despise the whole BB thing (and most other reality TV at that) I do find myself tuning into the first night of the celeb show to see who's there: my first sight is I'anson. I hated her on BBCR1 and Sky so it just made me switch channels before I'd seen any of the rest of em.

Bez should win if only for comedic value, but I'm prolly in the minority with that opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Victor_Meldrew

'Comedy Value'???

There's nothing funny about being stupid.

Personally, I'd like to see either Germaine Greer or John McCrirrick win. They're the only ones who clearly aren't just out for a bit of publicity and are clearly taking part, just for the hell of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Lisa I'Anson will be first out followed by John McCririck.
    Then Brigitte Nielsen.
    Caprice
    Germaine Greer
    Bez
    Kenzie
    With the winner being Jeremy Edwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

PH01 wrote:
    Lisa I'Anson will be first out followed by John McCririck.
    Then Brigitte Nielsen.
    Caprice
    Germaine Greer
    Bez
    Kenzie
    With the winner being Jeremy Edwards

I like da way you're so sure. BTW I don't agree with that at all......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Skyuser wrote:
    I like da way you're so sure. BTW I don't agree with that at all......
    ...and you're prediction is?

Did u all c da new plastic housemate. Looks like she was in a car crash or sumthin. She can't even breath through that stupid nose of hers now.
    Still, it causing tension in da house and now Brigitte wants to walk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Saw it this morning (bloody c4 moving raymond and king of queens back half an hour!). Jackie Stallone, it's a new low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Germaine Greer has left the house. Asked for her suitcase at noon and was gone within 45 minutes.

Says she left for "specific reasons" but won't discuss them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah just heard that and apparently Bridget is out tonight with John more than likely to go tomorrow night.

I'd say the producers are less than pleased about this, although they might like the publicity?

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

rebel72 wrote:
    Germaine Greer has left the house.

and what's that crashing sound? It's the average IQ of the "big brother house" falling by about 80%! :D

Anyway, she has their number; http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3989403

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Gotta be the worst Big Brother ive seen!I cant even keep the show on for more than 5 minutes without turning it off!

I Used to be able to handle 10 or so minutes

Whats with Sly's Ma's face!?!?! :eek:

• Advertisement

Shes about 102 !!!!

McCrirrick is a total a**hole. A complete and utter w*nker, carrys on like a child, looks like an idiot, I hate him (you may have guessed)

Its nomination time....Jackie and John are up for public vote. It's vote to save this year so evryone dial 1514 715 106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wertz wrote:

Bez should win if only for comedic value, but I'm prolly in the minority with that opinion...

...or not.

Damn I need to get to a bookies next time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

That Bez fella looked like he was off his face... the whole show was a pile of crap!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

G'wan Bez. Only reason to watch it was the legendary manic dancer from the seminal Mondays. Peeps in here are too young to have experienced Madchester or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

musician wrote:
    G'wan Bez. Only reason to watch it was the legendary manic dancer from the seminal Mondays. Peeps in here are too young to have experienced Madchester or what?

It would seem so. I'm delighted for Bez!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

lol SG, you're a living tribute to the Charlatans. Just leave them all behind.

Advertisement