Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave - New disgrace

• 07-01-2005 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I've had Ripwave for ages. Usual problems as per everyone's postings but it's been working fine for past month or so. However I'm moving house tomorrow and I based my entire house hunt on the ripwave coverage of the RTE northwest transceiver. Got a house in centre Ranelagh just 10 minutes walk from my old house - well within what I thought was the coverage area and now I see that they have just changed their coverage map and the centre of Ranelagh no longer lies in the footprint. It better work tomorrow or there'll be hell. I'm lucky that my new place is upstairs so I'll probably have line of sight. Can't see that it'd reach a Km to sandymount and not the same distance to ranelagh. I assume the silly jagged chart is just their way of covering their asses when it doesn't work for ground level dwellings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 djspanna

Hey, sorry to hear about. Dont suppose you have any idea if the coverage is any good near clanbrassil street.

I've heard so many mixed reports about the thing, sceptical about going in on it,

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ouch! :(

Advertisement