Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT for Bikes?

Options
  • 07-01-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hey

I just got my Swedish bike registrered here in Ireland. I paid the VRT, road tax and got a set of plates for it.

Do you guys here have any bikes test, similiar to the NCT for cars?

I know that i Sweden it will have to be on a test every year after the bike is 4 years old. Do you have anything like that here?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

XT_Dweezil wrote:
    Hey

I just got my Swedish bike registrered here in Ireland. I paid the VRT, road tax and got a set of plates for it.

Do you guys here have any bikes test, similiar to the NCT for cars?

I know that i Sweden it will have to be on a test every year after the bike is 4 years old. Do you have anything like that here?

Cheers
    Nothing like that here at all. Haven't even heard rumblings of it. Would be a good idea though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

It would indeed be a good idea!
    There are some dodgy bikes on the roads. Even a basic bi-annual check would be a good move.

(N.B. - You only need ONE number plate for a motorbike.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There is no "NCT" style test for bikes, but the mutterings are there, and it is only a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

Silvera wrote:
    (N.B. - You only need ONE number plate for a motorbike.)

Got plates (2) because i have had my old swedish plate stolen twice :mad: . So i got a spare Irish one if it happens again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Silvera wrote:
    It would indeed be a good idea!
    There are some dodgy bikes on the roads.
    Mostly belonging to couriers, but at the very least, it would help reduce the amount of guys who buy a destroyed bike for a few hundred quid and proceed to hurtle themselves down country roads with no experience, insurance or brakes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement