Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIPWAVE clanbrassil street

• 07-01-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Has anyone got any pos / neg stories about the ripwave broadband around clanbrassil st D8 area near the mace.

The sales guy seems to reckon it's ok but i've had mixed reports.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭fatlog

all i can say is do not get ripwave. it is an actual steaming pile of crap!

i'm in dublin 8 on the top floor of a block of apartments, close to the guinness mast and i can barely get a signal.

steer clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I'm not a million miles away from there in D8, and it's ~ok. Not as good as dsl, lots of drops, inconsistent speeds, but it does work. If you've no dsl choice I'd give it a go. Note that NTL have just dropped a letter in to say my place is now within broadband coverage (yaaay!), so that's what I'm going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Steve S

hmmm wrote:
    I'm not a million miles away from there in D8, and it's ~ok. Not as good as dsl, lots of drops, inconsistent speeds, but it does work. If you've no dsl choice I'd give it a go. Note that NTL have just dropped a letter in to say my place is now within broadband coverage (yaaay!), so that's what I'm going for.

Can you be more specific about where you are? My DSL trial is about to run out and I've been hoping and praying that NTL will announce broadband for D. 8. I'm off Clanbrassil Street (Blackpitts area).

As for the original poster's question: DSL is available in the area so why not just go with that?

Advertisement