Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPOD Service CDs to MP3s

Options
  • 07-01-2005 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there,

heard a rumour for a while now about a company who transfer your entire CD collection to your IPOD, for a fee of course.... I have been unable to locate them..anyone know anything?

Coup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

If you are willing to pay I'm sure any number of people would do it for you.
    How many CDs do you have and how much do you expect to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Coup
    I saw an ad in the back of GQ or Loaded or maybe nuts? one of those type mags last week. It was for a UK company though. I'll have a look tonight and get back to you monday
    Mungaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i think it's cdtomp3 .com or .net and about 100 squid for a hundred discs if i remember.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I remember reading of a service like this in Dublin, a couple of months ago in the "Hats and Neurotic Fat Women" supplement of the Saturday Irish Times.

Damned if I remember the name of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

coupland wrote:
    Hi there,

heard a rumour for a while now about a company who transfer your entire CD collection to your IPOD, for a fee of course.... I have been unable to locate them..anyone know anything?

Coup

Ya big lazy B!!! ;) Why don't you do it yourself? It'll take you a while, but not that long!!

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

so you send me all your cds, your ipod and 100euro and i transfer them to the ipod for you.

excuse me if i dont take this too seriously.

i mean cmon send me all your cds and your ipod and ill steal the for free...
    cant get better than that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Actually just thinking about it. It would be a great service to offer to for people. You would actually get paid to get your hands on tons of different albums and the more conversions you done for people the easier it would get because you would have most of the albums on your computer database already, unless of course one of your customers was into some really weird sh1t!!!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

service has already been thought of, e.g. google turns up
    http://www.podserve.co.uk/

remember reading though that another one had been shut down by legal action (can't remember the URL)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That's ingenius, you get loads of albums and they pay you for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah i was right. this is the crowd
    http://www.cdtomp3.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Thank you Eclectic Honey for your research and advice in this area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

I know of a crowd in Ireland that do this. Not exactly sure where they are based, but a friend of mine from work was telling me about it. It's his brother or his girlfriends brother or something like that, that does it.

Think it's something like 1euro per CD.

I'll find out and let you know!

Advertisement