Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitsubishi M900

Options
  • 07-01-2005 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Mitsubishi M900
    I recently saw this phone and decided thats I really wanted it. The only problem is that I'd have to buy it sim free from america, and the phone would be an asian import. It would come straight from mitsubishi but I was just wondering if I'd have any problems using it on meteor over here. I've been told that I'd have problems with it if it wasn't flashed to uk/ireland firmware but I'm not sure if I believe that. So any information people could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

That website states that the phone is a Triband 900/1800/1900 so it will work fine on Meteor. Most areas in Ireland run on 900MHz while larger towns will use 1800MHz.

Provided its unlocked you should have no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Robot

Thanks a lot for your reply. I know that in theory the phone will work here because it is tri-band, but a friend of mine had a phone from america and he had a lot of problems getting his wap and gprs settings to work in the phone, and also he has to put all numbers in his phone book twice (+35385... & 085....) or else the persons name doesnt appear when receiving calls and text messages. I know these are all pretty minor issues but I thought I'd ask here before I took a very expesive plunge into import mobiles. So should I expect it to work as well as it would if I bought it off an irish sim free retailer?

I can't see why you'd have any problems like that. Maybe your friend's phone had a software problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Robot

Ok, thanks very much for your help Karsini. I just wanted to make sure there were no problems I didnt know about. Its time for me to spend over $500 on a new phone.

Advertisement