Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No season 4 of 24 on RTÉ

• 07-01-2005 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Just got this email from RTÉ:
    Thank you for your query.

Regarding the programme series 24, RTÉ has already broadcast series 1, 2 and 3. RTÉ has no further series under licence for broadcast at this time.

Again, thank you for your e-mail.
    Your support of RTÉ programmes is much appreciated.
    Kind Regards

Brigitte (Murphy)
    RTÉ Communications

So doesn't look like we'll be seeing 24 on RTÉ when sky start showing it at the end of the month :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

That's very odd that they wouldn't buy it again, esp. since TV3 might buy it instead *shrug*. I'll watch it on Sky anyway, Sunday nights suit me better than the likely Tuesdays that RTE2 would've scheduled it for. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Am very surprised by this... I wondered for a split second if they were talking about not showing it this month, but potentially planning to in the future. But, no, it seems not ever. TV3 or TG4 would be barking mad not to get it now.

The ratings for season three can't have been that bad on Network 2 - must see if I can dig them out. The last series was even sponsored on RTE! Yet another bizarre decision from the misinformed decison-makers at Montrose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

They sent me a similar email shortly before Season 3 aired in America. :D

This is from August 2003 after I asked if they'd be showing Season 3:
    John,
    According to our Programme Scheduling Office we have
    shown the last series and no newer series has been made
    since that.
    Regards,
    Kay Smith
    RTÉ Information Office

This was when the production and imminent airing of Season 3 in America was common knowledge. :rolleyes:

I'd say they'll show Season 4 all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

They had bloody better do. I don't have Murdoch-Vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i dont want to watch it on sky for the simple fact that when an ad break comes on they ll be advertising when "pubs attack animals" or there usual crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

you dont want to watch a channel that is showing a good program becuase of the adverts? Isnt that abit pathetic really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Zhane wrote:
    you dont want to watch a channel that is showing a good program becuase of the adverts? Isnt that abit pathetic really?

na im more of a petty person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky will have it in widescreen at least
    i'm sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

I can't understand RTE's decision not to show series 4 of 24 - truly odd.

I'm not as keen on watching it on Sky though cos there'll be like 3 ad breaks and that last one always annoys me because you come back from it and there's like 2 scenes left before end credits.

But then again, there's no alternative so will just have to watch it on Sky One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

well as i dont have Sky1, its a real nuisance for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You have to remember that this was shown on the BBC orginally where you don't get adds. So to go from that to SKY One showing adds all the time is :mad:

I am surprised that RTE don't have it. It averaged at 150,000 viewers for each of the last 3 seasons. So it didn't go below any expectations for RTE Two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

plazzTT wrote:
    They sent me a similar email shortly before Season 3 aired in America. :D

This is from August 2003 after I asked if they'd be showing Season 3:

This was when the production and imminent airing of Season 3 in America was common knowledge. :rolleyes:

I'd say they'll show Season 4 all right.

I'm not so sure. Difference here is your e-mail was send before season 3 aired in the US *in October* (2003), whereas this is what RTE are saying with schedules tied down for weeks in advance, and with Sky showing it from the end of this month. (Last time, RTE started 1-2 weeks before Sky.)

If RTE were planning to show it - and to do so, you'd need to get in there before Sky - they'd know by now. That suggests they are not.

I know techically they are saying this before season 4 starts in the US (well, started - last night), but the new Fox plan to air a complete run without any week breaks means RTE can do the same. They'd know by now if they were showing it - this is how it differs to the s3 situation - and it really seems that they don't plan to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I agree. If RTE were going to show it, it would be in their season preview ads. At the very least, they'd start promoting it (5 second 'coming soon' ads, like they did with Joey)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

TmB wrote:
    I agree. If RTE were going to show it, it would be in their season preview ads. At the very least, they'd start promoting it (5 second 'coming soon' ads, like they did with Joey)

Strange that RTE aren't showing it but I would have taped it on Sky One anyway for the widescreen broadcast, then FF'd through the ads. Just started watching S3 on DVD, will have to get my finger out!

Advertisement