Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox versions?

Options
  • 07-01-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

With regards to modding,how do I know what version Xbox I have?
    I abought it about 3-4 months ago.

Cheers
    Wavey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

goto www.xbox-scene.com

bookmark the site,

then click on the xb versions icon

another trick you can do when your looking for info off the net.....

goto www.google.ie

type in "xbox version", or what ever your looking for

press enter

click on the first result

if its no good click back and try the next one, repeat

this will be much quicker then waiting for someone to reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

look at the date on the bottom, if its after march 2004 the its most likely a v1.6, before that and you are talking 1.3 - 1.5

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

mukki wrote:
    another trick you can do when your looking for info off the net.....

goto www.google.ie

type in "xbox version", or what ever your looking for

press enter

click on the first result

if its no good click back and try the next one, repeat

this will be much quicker then waiting for someone to reply

why teh fook would he do that, youve answered the question in the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks for the advice DarkMaster2.

@ Mukki

In response to your sarcastic reply, or what ever the hell that was supposed to be, have you ever tried to access a site with "xbox" in the title through a company firewall with an strict no-games, no-warez policy?

Do you think google wasnt my first port of call?

I cant understand why people go to to the bother of replying with posts like that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Because you're the exception to the rule that people posting simple questions generally are simple-minded/lazy and haven't googled for info beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Go to google and type "team xecuter" I'm too lazy to look up the link for you.

Generally if you have a clear xbox its a 1.6 and if its black its a 1.0-1.5.

I bought my xbox in xtravision in September and mines a 1.3. I got the xecuter3 mod chip which I definately recommend. I have a good few games but for the last few days all I have played is mario kart on it. Its a classic.

Anyway if you need a hand with your modding send me a pm. Its definately worth modding. It can do so much.

Good luck

Cheers lads,
    I've figured out that i have a 1.4.
    Steve, I have just ordered the xecuter 2.6, What is the story with flashing the bios? Do the xecuter chips come with there own bios?

What kind of dash board are you using?

I like the look of the xbmc.

Did mario kart come out on xbox or are you using an emulator?

Looking forward to getting this going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Xecuter chips come with a linux cromwell bios that is no good for what i'd imagine you'd like to do with the xbox, so the first task once the chip is installed is flashing this to a different bios that will allow you to install a new dash such as evolution x. This is usually the first dash put on newly modded xboxes cos it is pretty much the easiest to use. There is a really good thread on this topic in the games forum, i basically answers the majority of questions that arise when looking to mod and xbox, check it out here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155577

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Wavey wrote:
    Cheers lads,
    I've figured out that i have a 1.4.
    Steve, I have just ordered the xecuter 2.6, What is the story with flashing the bios? Do the xecuter chips come with there own bios?

What kind of dash board are you using?

I like the look of the xbmc.

Did mario kart come out on xbox or are you using an emulator?

Looking forward to getting this going :)

Where are you based mate i will give you a copy of slayers 2.6 and a copy of Auto installer v1.0 if you can pick them up.
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

You to go to xbins to get the flash file needed for your chip. You'll need an irc client. You can read all about it on xbins.org

I also have slayer 2.6 on disk. Tis great. When you turn on your xbox it loads up evolution x dash. You can "back up" games and DVD's to your hard drive. It also comes with a region free DVD player and a few different emulators. I definately recomment it.

I'm in Ballinteer so whatever is easiest for you to get the disk, if you don't have BB.

Has anyone here got the N64 emu to work? I can't get it to. I've edited the *.ini files for the location of my roms but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I got the surreal64 emulator to work for the first time last nite, i just place the emulator file (a .v64 file) in the f:\games\roms folder on my hdd, no .ini file editing needed. Was well surprised as i'd tried the exact same thing a few times before but with no success

Wavey wrote:
    Thanks for the advice DarkMaster2.

@ Mukki

In response to your sarcastic reply, or what ever the hell that was supposed to be, have you ever tried to access a site with "xbox" in the title through a company firewall with an strict no-games, no-warez policy?

Do you think google wasnt my first port of call?

I cant understand why people go to to the bother of replying with posts like that. :mad:

your welcome

Thanks for all the help guys.

Thanks for all the offers of installer disks but I managed to Download Slayer 2.6 lastnight.
    @Peter
    Does Slayer 2.6 not come with its own auto installer? Why would i need auto installer v1.0?

Out of interest can anyone access #slayer on snoop.burghcom.com?

I cant connect to it at all.

Thanks again,
    Wavey

Advertisement