Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rag week haaaa

• 07-01-2005 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

right lads that time of year again to start thinking of rag week, does anyone know when its on and maybe any of the acts to be signed up. i thought last years one was great. ive been in WIT for two years before and they werent a patch on them. even though this college is smaller it has a much better night life. i hope mr spring is playing

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you think this year, what with the tsunami and all people will actually try to raise some money for charity instead of vomiting all over carlow and spreading sti's around the town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Only way students will raise money is if you trick them into it ...
    So if pubs raised all prices for a week by 10c, or just gave 20c to charity per pint, then everyone would 'do it for charity'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i think rag week will be good this year, at least this year the price of drink has dropped in some places. like in scraggs on tuesday and thursday. something like 2.50 a pint. so should be better for students pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Mordeth wrote:
    you think this year, what with the tsunami and all people will actually try to raise some money for charity instead of vomiting all over carlow and spreading sti's around the town?

i am sure in the process of vomiting we will raise some money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i'm hopin for a good rag week this year. the last good one i rememeber was in first year as regards the SU setting up activities. i think they were broke the last few years. hopefully they'll have a bit of cash this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

dont want to freak anyone out here but i heard that an gardai are not happy about the cheap drink during the week at the moment and this will have consequences for rag week.

however i also heard that the college is to break away from the irish education system and become a splinter group of the costa rican further education system...purple monkey dishwasher.

can you believe everything you hear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

can you believe everything you hear?

Yes, yes you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

just tell me when rag week is on, cause i need to book my holidays off work in time.
    and in fairness to the SU, they have raised money for charity every year, but they could involve the students a bit more.

R-Raise A-And G-Give!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

oh yeah when is it exactly? i need to get off work too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The bungee jump 3 years ago was a great way to get money for charity, they raised 2 grand or something for the south leinster rape crisis centre. If they wanna raise money, they should do 2 things, get the foudry to pledge blah amount for everyone who enters during rag week, they might not go for it but imagine how good it would look if they did(marketing evils and all that). They should also have some kind of sponsored event, doesn't have to be as drastic as the bungee jump-but it would have to be interesting. There's no doubt the SU are doing something for charity, but they just don't seem to want any one to know what......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'll be back for that, when is it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

the foundry do pledge money for charity during rag week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Headcase wrote:
    just tell me when rag week is on, cause i need to book my holidays off work in time.
    and in fairness to the SU, they have raised money for charity every year, but they could involve the students a bit more.

R-Raise A-And G-Give!!!!

last week in feburary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

R-Raise A-And G-Give!!!!
    you mean Raise A Grand. which is what it used to be about ( when a grand was a lot of money..back in the day )

of course some MORON picked the week my finals are starting for rag week. ta very much.that's two years running i've missed rag week for exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ruaidhri wrote:
    of course some MORON picked the week my finals are starting for rag week. ta very much.that's two years running i've missed rag week for exams.

Thats rotten. At least you'll be finished and out of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

not exactly the point dempsey. the point being giving everyone a fair go at rag week to raise enough monies for ppl.
    and since it's my last one here (hoping) it's just, well, annoying that i will be studying while pretty much everyone i know will be drunk for the week. it's incentive to study alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

haha edited your post, ya big spammer

Advertisement