Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD is:

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

UCD is: Pat Paterson's kingdom.

Pat owns fcuking UCD!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the whole pat patterson thing is complete ****e if you ask me!

Red Alert wrote:
    the whole pat patterson thing is complete ****e if you ask me!

No it isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Who is Pat and why is he relevant to UCD?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

my point exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

He's that guy who's presence is only known about from the ancient runes carved on the walls of public toilets everywhere in UCD (and in other places if the legend is to be believed). According to different reports, he is well endowned, poorly endowned, a god, an eejit etc. He's sorta like Sauron, we never get to actually see him, but we know he's there and can feel his presence *shudders*

As for his relevance, he has none, aside from showing for all you psychology students out there that people who are bored and have nothing else to do in a public toilet are eager to have a hero, something to give meaning to their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

UCD remindes me of that time I went to Munich, Germany. Grey builings tower far and wide, watching over people as a time-warped sociecty of youth go around on the roller-skates with flurecent pink/yellow tracksuits, with something like a flamingo on their tshirt... UCD is in it's own era... It screams out... the 90's!...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pat is the embodiment of UCD.He's here to help us students just like Captain Planet except without all that nature crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

the old guy in the library is Pat... Technically I shouldn't even be telling you this, his existence is known by the select few who study in there. Plus I think I signed an NDA a while ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭monster_fighter

Shrimp wrote:
    UCD remindes me of that time I went to Munich, Germany. Grey builings tower far and wide

Ha, Ha.

You must be mixing up your German cities, traditional Munich is mostly redbrick and the buildings that, in Ireland would be grey are, in Munich, painted to look much fancier than they are (ie fake bricks and shadows painted onto the facade).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

no no no.. I went to munich, and at the central train station, all you could see around was, grey.. monoscaled scenery, and dodgy turks standing around outside bogey strip clubs.. i hated every second of it there..

SebtheBum wrote:
    the old guy in the library is Pat... Technically I shouldn't even be telling you this, his existence is known by the select few who study in there. Plus I think I signed an NDA a while ago :D

No youre wrong. Yesterday in one of the toilets in the Arts buliding someone came up with a great theory about Pat Paterson. This individual noted that you never see Pat and Wayne Rooney in the same place at the same time.

Think about it, Wayne Rooney is Pat Paterson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Using the same reasoning, we could argue that Lenin faked his own death and embodied himself instead as Pat Paterson. At least that would explain the lovely utilitarian architecture that UCD boasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭monster_fighter

Shrimp wrote:
    no no no.. I went to munich, and at the central train station, all you could see around was, grey.. monoscaled scenery, and dodgy turks standing around outside bogey strip clubs.. i hated every second of it there..

/me checks photos.

Yep, train station was grey and boring.

The rest of the city wasn't.
    As for strip clubs and "dodgy turks" as you put it, Munich is in Catholic Germany. They don't regard themselves as being the same as other Germans (nor other Germans they). I would recommend Munich as a holiday destination both aesthetically and culturally.

mf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭*Sinéad*

cold and impersonal most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oboyle94

Guys i set up my edubook laptop and i didnt set a password or log in and now its telling me to put in one and that i cant access it without a log in, bla bla bla.. any ideas what im supposed to do ? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

lol nice dig

7 years later and UCD is still pretty sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Random dig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Loving the old school mentioning of Pat Paterson.

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oboyle94 wrote: »
    Guys i set up my edubook laptop and i didnt set a password or log in and now its telling me to put in one and that i cant access it without a log in, bla bla bla.. any ideas what im supposed to do ? :/
    Step 1: Don't post in a 7 year old thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement