Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 07-01-2005 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

4 players left at the final table of the tournament.
    Player 1 = 200000 chips, slightly loose aggressive but decent player.
    You = 120000 chips.
    Player 3 = 30000 chips.
    Player 4 = 20000 chips.

Blinds are 2000/4000
    1st = $1000
    2nd = $700
    3rd = $300
    4th = $250

You're in the BB. Player 1 (chip leader, UTG) raises to 15000. Player 3 (button) goes all in. Player 4 (SB) goes all in.

You have AA. What do you do?

You have KK. What do you do?

Use spoilers to avoid giving your answer away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

AA
    You have to call what better opportunity are you going to wait for?

KK
    o.k lets say he has Ax and hits, chances are you are still going to take 2nd, in both cases it is a very rare occasion where you can finish the tourny there and then, you simply cannot pass up either situation imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I agree with Samba in both instances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

AA:
    Raise to 60k
    KK:
    Raise to 60k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

AA
    Call or preferably go all-in here, if you want to win this tournament then you have to be in this hand with AA, no hesitation for me here. Fold and guarantee a 3rd spot finish for 300 or call and have a good shot at 1,000..

KK
    I'd fold here, the odds are that one of the two is holding at least one A, KK might not hold up, and then you're out in 4th. Sometimes, rarely admittedly, you just have to fold these hands. I think this is one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So the AA hand is a no-brainer.

KK is less sure, if you go all-in and get called by the big stacks AQ or something and the other 2 random small stack hands, you have to figure that 4-handed your opponents collective outs will make you a dog.

But all you really need to worry about is the big stack, since he's the only one who covers you.

What if you were holding QQ, does that change your action?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

MMMmm, QQ I think you still have to call in this situation, both small stacks may well be on any PP trying to double up, it's 4 way action, there is no way you can put these down imo, the other possibility is at least two of them are on Ax and therfore taking eachothers outs

Advertisement