Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customs have my digital camera need help & advice!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Miles

Probably turn out Solitaryman IS a customs man. "Well well Mr Giles so glad you could come down to see us."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Try this link instead:

https://createpdf.adobe.com/cgi-pickup.pl?BP=IE&LOC=en_US&CDS=41E16D06-1E24-006DEB&LID=GILESK%40IOLFREE.IE

Strange coz the last link works ok for me when I click it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Giles wrote:
    Try this link instead:

https://createpdf.adobe.com/cgi-pickup.pl?BP=IE&LOC=en_US&CDS=41E16D06-1E24-006DEB&LID=GILESK%40IOLFREE.IE

Strange coz the last link works ok for me when I click it...

what's the password?

Password is "abcdefg".

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The way I see it is thats an invoice for 100 stg so your laughing. Just go and pay whatever is owed, cant be that much, and thats the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

too much info........I'd delete post myself !

Leonard wrote:
    The way I see it is thats an invoice for 100 stg so your laughing. Just go and pay whatever is owed, cant be that much, and thats the end of it.

I kinda see it that way too, hope that's the case! I'll report back here on Monday evening and let all of yis know how everything went...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ageary2003

I still say your better off playing it honest, you might get a savvy git who knows that a sony camera selling for £100 is impossible and he might give you some hassle. The only thing is that from the amazon the camera looks like cheapo jobbie with a fixed lens so you might get away with it. Just dont bother moaning if it gets confiscated and you get charged with fraud :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

This post has been deleted.
    Or what if the customs officer dealing with Giles's case spends 3 minutes on Google checking out prices as he examines Giles's invoice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

'sigh'...all this stuff brings back fond memories of the time I used to be able to get cigarettes from Switzerland for $15 a carton.....Until people started abusing it and that waste of trees called the Sunday W**** did an article about it........

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

What would happen if you said that you sent the camera off to be fixed but it was broken so they just sent you back a replacement?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

D-Generate wrote:
    What would happen if you said that you sent the camera off to be fixed but it was broken so they just sent you back a replacement?
    Been there, done that (with a replacement part for my laptop). Was requested to send a proof of postage for the item into the courier company. It was sorted in due course, without any duty being paid (on that occasion it was a shipment from the US).

S.

Done, dusted, sorted! :D

Rang them up today and emailed them the faked invoice and they told me that the total charge would be €40.05 which I will pay the postman tomorrow when he delivers the camera to my workplace....

Excellent (In Mr Burns voice) - I knew my evil plan would work.... :p

Seriously though I've learnt my lesson on this one and I'll be sure to take every possible precaution to avoid customs stopping my stuff in future... Fait play my seller as well for faking that invoice at a moments notices they'll be getting super feedback on Ebay from me that's for sure! Think that must have saved me over €50 at least.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ageary2003

Lol, the perfect crime, expect for the fact you posted it to a message board, Doh ! :P
    The best way to "avoid" customs is to buy from within the eu, that way you wont have to worry about getting stung again. Is the total cost of the camera still less than amazon ? if it is i would wonder is the saving worth the agro ?

• Advertisement

Yeah I think I still got a deal when you consider I got a 256mb merory card and a carry case thrown in as well!

Advertisement