Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JVC Home Cinema System

Options
  • 07-01-2005 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

anyone have any thoughs on this or know a good website that has reviews of this type of hardware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

i got one in Currys for 199 euro, we were using one in work so i bought the same model. all i really wanted it for was to take the optical output from my Philips HDRW720 and give me 5.1 sound and it does that well. AFAIK it's difficult to deregionise it though. sound is ok. one of the only ones I could find in that price bracket with an optical input........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i think esb are selling them for 179,is the sub any good? and does it play dvd+ and - do you know

hang on till i look at the manual....
    says it can play dvd-R/-RWs if finalised. will try it with a +R when I get home.
    sub is fine for what I want it to do.... esp for such a cheap unit. can always upgrade the seakers later if you wanna get more outof it.....

cheers ken

it plays my dvd+rs just fine, even though it doesn't mention it in the manual...
    K

• Advertisement

nice one ken,thanx for the info

Advertisement