Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second hand prices and 2005?

Options
  • 07-01-2005 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

When would second hand prices tend to come down now that it's 2005? For instance if I was looking at a car before Xmas for €22,500 when would I expect that car to come down in price now it's a year older?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

best bet might be to check the vrt calculator on your chosen car. this gives u the revenues guide on the retail price.

it is cheaper i think to buy your car in the north or the uk and pay vrt on it.
    uk car values on www.autotrader.co.uk and click whats it worth

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The values outputted by the VRT calculator change with the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yeah but it is 04/05 so vrt is dropping on various cars.
    i think ul find cars are cheaper doing it this way. also the selection of cars in the colour u want is better. the other point is most cars are serviced properly and most 60000milers have the appropriate parts changed there whereas very few here have..
    u should find it very easy to get a car between trade and private selling price with full history in the colour u want and to a better spec.
    an example is a02 a4tdi 130 se @12000 stg in the uk with say 40000miles=18000 euro+6600 vrt=24600. not 2 bad a price but the savings are greater on older cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

if by the end of Jan a dealer still has a car on his forecourt from before xmas, he'll be anxious to be rid of it. I'd expect a MIN of 10-12% off. Go with an offer of 18-19K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

well your spot on lads. I am indeed planning to import from the UK. I'm just wondering when is the best time to go (ie when prices will come down now the car is a year older).

• Advertisement
Advertisement