Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some sound help!!

• 07-01-2005 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

This is probably a stupid question.. but can anyone help me? my new computer running windows xp and the sound has gone twice. I check the sound on control panal and its seems to be ok. is there some way I can test it? would appreciate any advice to an computer thicko :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Have you got any sound devices connected via usb? That can cause an upset.

Make sure you have the correct drivers! This is critical.

1. Make sure your connections to your speakers are properly made.
    2. Make sure that you have your volume up and power on! :)
    3. Open control panel and double-click 'Sounds and Audio Devices'
    4. In device volume section, select to show the volume icon in task bar (if it's not already set!)
    5. Click Advanced, make sure your levels and selections are ok.
    6. Click the Audio tab and make sure that your preferred device is properly set (especially useful if you have more than one audio device)

After that, time to ask if you are using a third party sound card or built in (motherboard sound)
    Check the bios to make sure that the sound is enabled.
    If it's a third party card, make sure the connections are properly made.

That's all I can think of for the moment,
    Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

thanks a million.. that fixed it!! :D

Advertisement