Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pink dog.

• 07-01-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

We have two young dogs, both about 5 months and male. They share the same dog run and kennel. Lately they have been getting a little too close. I looked out the window yesterday and one was trying to hump the other :eek:

Hmmmm, maybe this should be in the personal issues or LGB forum. Mods move it if you want :D

I think they need some "quality time" with a b!tch ;)

Should I arrange for them to see a dog trainer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Your dogs are beginning to mature, they should be neutered at 6 months of age, dogs also 'hump' to assert dominence over one another.

A dog trainer is always a good idea at this age to show you the basics of training a dog, gives them a good start in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

yeah just get them neutered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Getting the dogs neutered isn't really an option. One of them is a St Bernard and the other is an Irish Wolf Hound. We already have a 1.5yr old St Bernard b!tch and plan to breed from them maybe next year. My brother owns the wolf hound and won't get it neutered. Our terrier is neutered all right. Although it doesn't stop him at times trying to get up on the St Bernard :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Unless he plans to breed from it, not getting the wolfhound neutered is not really a good idea. Think of all the unwanted pups that could arise from it not being neutered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Again 'humping' is also a dominence thing.

Why do you want to breed from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

We had two female dogs at my parents home a few years ago and occasionally when one of them was in heat, the other would hump her.
    I found myself staring transfixed until my dad hit me and said "WTF are you watching for, you sick freak"
    true story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Why do you want to breed from them?
    We have always had a St Bernard at the house for about the past 15yrs or so. But now my parents want a few more. Talking about maybe one litter or pups and keep probably two of them.
    I think the wolf hound should be sniped. No need for him to father any pups but my brother doesn't want it done.
    Anyway, taught it was unusal for a male dog to try and jump another :confused:

Advertisement