Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

patch 3.0.5

Options
  • 08-01-2005 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

To admin,

Got an email today saying I need to update as of a discovery of "serious security vulnerabilitys in vb 3.0.3" -patch online is now 3.0.5

also, "all customers running PHP versions older than 4.3.10 or 5.0.3 to upgrade as soon as possible to one of the patched versions

As this bulletin board is running the same software I just wanted to pass it along.

Peace
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I'm sure ecksor or cloud has at least replaced the init.php file at this stage, In anycase the details of the vulnerability have not been made public yet, thankfully. But by all accounts it a serious security hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Nice, it's good when you use black text. Expecially for people using a black background ;)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

About black text, i didnt mean it to turn out like that, it was ms word and the WYSIWYG editor that turned to black on me. i'll edit it now in the standerd editor.

Peace

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I upgraded php before Christmas. Cloud patched the vb issue during the last couple of days. A quick diff of the init.php file that was on offer should shed light on the details of the vulnerability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Good stuff! just happy everything's cool.

Peace

Peter

(*thinking* wow 3.0.5 really does fix a large number of bugs...)

• Advertisement
Advertisement