Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E-class Mercs (95-02) - rusting !

Options
  • 08-01-2005 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

I read recently that E-class Mercedes cars (95-02 models) are already rusting !!

Apparently 'stretched steel' (or something along those lines) was used during manufacture of these cars and has resulted in bootlids, wings and even complete rear (quarter) panels being replaced under warranty !

Anybody here come across this problem ?
    (I read about it on a UK Mercedes forum).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Silvera wrote:
    I read recently that E-class Mercedes cars (95-02 models) are already rusting !!

Apparently 'stretched steel' (or something along those lines) was used during manufacture of these cars and has resulted in bootlids, wings and even complete rear (quarter) panels being replaced under warranty !

Anybody here come across this problem ?
    (I read about it on a UK Mercedes forum).

Yeah it's a big problem, u prob read it on mbclub.co.uk, no? AFAIAC it's about the only problem with my W210, at leats before the ****ty Chrysler electronics infiltrated MB and started to destroy it's rep. I don't have the problem myself but there have been a few nasty chips from motorway driving, easily smoothed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Read this thread -
    http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5899&highlight=rusting

Modern Mercs = rubbish! ;)

Mike.

Advertisement