Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Skool

• 08-01-2005 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any body ever go to The Olympic Ballroom in the early to mid 90's. And if so any stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I went a few times in the early 1990`s when Mark Kavanagh and the Banana Boys used to play and it was brilliant although i always prefered Sides but used to go the Olympic occasionaly..when it reopened it went to the dogs all these muppets appeared and there was always fights over drugs,etc,but in its heyday it was a top venue............ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Dem wer the days! Loved the Olympic but you just couldn't keep me away from the Asylum - went there from the first week it opened till the last week it closed!!! I found the Olympic was full of body spinners, whistles, illuminous sticks - what we used to call "rubber ravers". The music was class though, fav olympic tune.. nothing lasts forever!!!

Ah banana boys, brilliant! Regulars at Asylum - remember they were first there when opened, one on decks, other MC. I remember Mark Kavanagh in the Pink Elephant and the Waterfront. Bring back the olden days, at least you had numerous clubs to choose from (unlike today) Sides, Mansion House, Olympic, Tivoli, G1's, The System, Shaft, Groucho's etc etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jaysus Sandy your getting me all misty eyed there thinking about those days..fantastic..... :D

Advertisement