Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware upgrade

Options
  • 08-01-2005 2:14am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i recently went to order an Ericsson P910i in my area (Tipperary town) after all.. and was quoted at €720 so i said fine why not treat myself, considering i get quotes from dublin @ €890 and limerick @ €919 sim free of course

and as soon as i went to order it i was told there not available untill the 20th because of a newer firmware upgrade. now heres the thing i was just wondering can anyone tell me is it worth waiting for the new firmware upgraded version of the P910i or should i just buy the older one online now.

Would appreciate if any technicians could tell me whats been fixed or of any site i can get the information from...

or is this just a sales pitch for their next back-order? :confused:

as ive heard before it is a solid phone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

It sounds odd to me that a retailer or online shop would not sell the P910i until it comes equiped with a newer firmware. Normally, the seller doesn't know or care what version of firmware is on the phone - they just get stock in and sell it. Who knows, maybe there's a delay from the Sony Ericsson end.

Anyway, the firmware updates for the P910i are freely available so I don't see why you have to wait. You can order an 'older' P910i now and update it youself.

- Neil

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

theothernt wrote:
    Hi,

It sounds odd to me that a retailer or online shop would not sell the P910i until it comes equiped with a newer firmware. Normally, the seller doesn't know or care what version of firmware is on the phone - they just get stock in and sell it. Who knows, maybe there's a delay from the Sony Ericsson end.

Anyway, the firmware updates for the P910i are freely available so I don't see why you have to wait. You can order an 'older' P910i now and update it youself.

- Neil

thanks. they do still have the older ones on expansys but from the retailer in my area i was told they wouldn't be able to get any more untill they re-release the new batch with the newer software

and i actually downloaded that 2 days ago, installed it and nothing happened (as i dont have anything else associated with the phone connected of course) but i was at least hoping to get some Update information from the file itself jsut to see whats fixed :(

Advertisement