Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Docks - where exactly??

Options
  • 08-01-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

Im interested in buying a jap import straight straight off the boat, or at least going down to have a look and see what the story is..

Question is, where exactly are these places?
    I cant find anything through googling it and im hoping to head down today (but its difficult when i havent a clue where im going!)

and also if anyone has any advice or experiences with buying a car this way, feel free to share...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

they moved from dock to behind coachmans inn dublin airport. id stay away if i was u. there are many threads about serious problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

lomb wrote:
    they moved from dock to behind coachmans inn dublin airport

The boats have? :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=215297

if ur interested click on ibc weblink and ireland.

i wouldnt touch any import car with a 10 ft bargepole. we all know the motor trade has a ahem 'reputation' wel with these imports they take it to a new level.

dont buy any car that u havent seen physically at any cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ubu wrote:
    The boats have? :eek: ;)
    Nah, they fly the cars in by cargo plane these days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Most of the good stuff seems to go direct to the UK now. There was a time when you'd find all sorts or great unusual stuff in the import places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

nm, my mate works down the docks offloading those motors, the public arent usually allowed down there but I'll ask him if you can head down and talk to the lads some day, or maybe get one of their numbers. Theres a few small importers that do the jap higher power cars that youre lookin for but they dont actually sell em straight from the docks, you'll have to organise it with them.

Advertisement