Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2004; And the winner is...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Tusky wrote:
    How did Half Life 2 win best story ffs ? There is no story...
    my thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It's all in the beard.
    what is? his breakfast?

i've never trusted beardy people tbh... what are they hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

More than we let on to you clean-shaven folk....

<shifty eyes>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

My favourite facial hair related gaming thing was the mario RPG on the GBA which had a seperate stat for 'tache.
    As for HL2's story, it reminds me a little bit of the George Romero's zombie films. Not being told what's happening is used to create a realistic atmosphere. So I guess maybe it doesn't deserve to win best story, but I felt like I should defend it in some way.
    Come to think of it though, I can't think of a particularly fantastic story from an '04 game...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its a sin that Gradius V never even got in the polls. You should all go to gaming hell for it. There you will endure EA's megadrive 'classic' Dark Castle for an eternity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

SyxPak wrote:
    Gordon Freeman >> Cloud Strife

Sephiroth>>>>>>>>Gordon Freeman >Cloud Strife :p

(i dunno freeman aint got omnislash and i dont trust these shifty beard bearing folk either..but cloud wears purple and has a twatty hair cut :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Crucifix wrote:
    My favourite facial hair related gaming thing was the mario RPG on the GBA which had a seperate stat for 'tache.
    Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga rocked. Funniest RPG I've ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

You've not played Paper Mario 2, then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh, I have that too. But the Chuckola Cola steals it for M&L:SS.

Advertisement