Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown Sunday

• 08-01-2005 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

I think the favourite can be taken on with SOUTHERN VIC. Piercing sun has the potential to be disappointing and this Walsh horse won a fairly decent maiden on soft ground last time out. A winning point to pointer he would stay 3 miles so 2m4 in this ground shouldnt be too much of a problem

There should be more to come from KEEPATEM who landed a nice gamble last time out. Cane Break won gamely over christmas but he had to really work for it so that may work against him here. Keepatem on the other hand seemed to do it quite easily.

LANMIRE GLEN will be my tentative choice here, mainly because he did run a good race in the Paddy power chase at a huge price and the word that day was to keep a look out for him the next time he runs. Not very informative but for a first Im gonna give an opinion in all races and see what happens.

Tempted to look to the top of the betting here but Im gonna side with KILBEGGAN LAD. He'll have no problem with the ground and from 2 pounds out of the handicap ran a good race last time behind the great Ground ball. A good each way chance methinks

i'll be with HARD SHOULDER here. Another who ran a good race last time behind Native stag who is a very important form horse for a number of races today. I really hope the form of previous races holds up today...could well be a day to watch certain races before betting on others. Noel Meade expects the horse to run well and Carberry is up. Good chance.

i watched Cloudy Bays in Tramore last time and it was a tought race for him and only a few days ago really. Would have been a lot tougher only for over the first, who was well backed, fell at the last or 2nd last, (not sure which). Im gonna go with Oulart who was a big tip in the pertemps handicap hurdle and made all to win well. I think he'll do it again.

Havent a notion but soe money will come for somthing during the day id imagine....Bob hall would be my pick at this stage but I really cant say anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Since I wrote that I got another phone call about Oulart. Get on tomorrow folks!

12.50 Winner: Southern vic. Heavily backed 5/4 favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

another losing day por moi :)

i never learn

a tough one with that ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I backed Christmas River EW at 8/1. I know the owner and he felt he had a chance. I dont think hes a great horse but over 3m he can plug on into a place. Today was a great chance for him. he just came up against a good horse in Cloudy Bays.

He will win one of these days, but not in a distance much less than 3m.

Beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

fade2black wrote:

I think the favourite can be taken on with SOUTHERN VIC. Piercing sun has the potential to be disappointing and this Walsh horse won a fairly decent maiden on soft ground last time out. A winning point to pointer he would stay 3 miles so 2m4 in this ground shouldnt be too much of a problem

There should be more to come from KEEPATEM who landed a nice gamble last time out. Cane Break won gamely over christmas but he had to really work for it so that may work against him here. Keepatem on the other hand seemed to do it quite easily.

LANMIRE GLEN will be my tentative choice here, mainly because he did run a good race in the Paddy power chase at a huge price and the word that day was to keep a look out for him the next time he runs. Not very informative but for a first Im gonna give an opinion in all races and see what happens.

Tempted to look to the top of the betting here but Im gonna side with KILBEGGAN LAD. He'll have no problem with the ground and from 2 pounds out of the handicap ran a good race last time behind the great Ground ball. A good each way chance methinks

i'll be with HARD SHOULDER here. Another who ran a good race last time behind Native stag who is a very important form horse for a number of races today. I really hope the form of previous races holds up today...could well be a day to watch certain races before betting on others. Noel Meade expects the horse to run well and Carberry is up. Good chance.

i watched Cloudy Bays in Tramore last time and it was a tought race for him and only a few days ago really. Would have been a lot tougher only for over the first, who was well backed, fell at the last or 2nd last, (not sure which). Im gonna go with Oulart who was a big tip in the pertemps handicap hurdle and made all to win well. I think he'll do it again.

Havent a notion but soe money will come for somthing during the day id imagine....Bob hall would be my pick at this stage but I really cant say anymore.
    first one right, all the rest wrong, i was on monsony for the ladbrooks, at 25/1 . Damn thing was second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I was in work all day today, managed to get up for the 2:55 and backthe winner Benji's pride at 14/1, would have posted it but couldnt for obvious reasons.

Some days ya win....some ya don't.

Here's a yankee or lucky 15 for ya tomorrow though that should return some magic beans.

KUPKA (Newcastle 1.40)
    MIDDLE EARTH (Wolverhampton 2.00)
    MIDLEM MELODY (Newcastle 3.40)
    BRIARS MIST (Newcastle 1.10)

Advertisement