Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Ardent, I hope you didnt sponsor BolBill!

Banned for life (second misdemanour) for saying the Paul Scholes (ginger haried soccer player) has ginger hair! The bashtad!

Its right tough in there :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

And quite rightly too, the titian wizard would be most impressed with this defense of his russetness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Ardent, I hope you didnt sponsor BolBill!

Banned for life (second misdemanour) for saying the Paul Scholes (ginger haried soccer player) has ginger hair! The bashtad!

Its right tough in there :D

Yeah apparently ginger is a racist taunt these days. Do you I had a pint of Guinness last night, do you know what colour it was ? Well I can't say cause its not PC !!!!!!

Banned for life for saying Scholsey was a ginger in a complete jokingly manner, tough in there!!!!!!!, an understatement mate.

I think my first ban was for something trivial as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In fairness, you got access to the forum on the first of December, and were already banned once.

Now, myself and others, have had access since the forum became sponsorship based back in April, and many have not been banned, ever.

You have obviously rubbed the wrong people (Mods) up the wrong way in your month and a half tenure of posting in Soccer.

seansouth wrote:
    In fairness, you got access to the forum on the first of December, and were already banned once.

Now, myself and others, have had access since the forum became sponsorship based back in April, and many have not been banned, ever.

You have obviously rubbed the wrong people (Mods) up the wrong way in your month and a half tenure of posting in Soccer.

The point I'm trying to make is that they are so easily rubbed up the wrong way - its ridiculous, I mean they can't accept a big of banter, I think its kinda sad. Still it probably makes them feel important in the world :) - see more banter....... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah i think it really is a joke and more than this i think the mods shouldnt be mods at all i think they have little to no input into the forum themselves and when someone posts something as underegotary as calling somebody ginger they ban people, it like if me taking offence if someone came up and said to be "hey, your hair is brown" its a complete crock and really is actually making talla out to be very . . i wont say what im thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I think it was for the word that was after implied Ginger that got talla going. ('cause he's a ginger ????) I first read that as Ginger C***.

He said

"maybe it was because he is a ginger ????"

Any sensible person would read that as a question - hence the question marks. The reason for multiple question marks is because its obviously a joke.

There was no C included - and to infer it is the "C word" is ridiculous. A complete nonsense, just like the banning. Anybody who posts to cover up a swear word would use asteriks or multiple different symbols - not question marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He said

"maybe it was because he is a ginger ????"

Any sensible person would read that as a question - hence the question marks. The reason for multiple question marks is because its obviously a joke.

There was no C included - and to infer it is the "C word" is ridiculous. A complete nonsense, just like the banning. Anybody who posts to cover up a swear word would use asteriks or multiple different symbols - not question marks.

If that is the case why post " Because he is a ginger." and not just " because he is ginger". Only Bolbill knows what he really intended but when I first read the post I did think thet he was saying Ginger C***.

Nothing personal against Bolbill but under the Charter for the soccer forum that merits a ban.

gandalf wrote:
    Soccer Board Charter

The Soccer Board is now a restricted access board. Your access here is a privilege and can be withdrawn if you do not adhere to the rules.

• Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at Sports people will not be tolerated. ...................................

Muppet, calling someone "a ginger" is not personal abuse. In fact its abusive to red-haired people to say it is a derogatory term!

He did not say "C***". Only a very small minority of ManU fans read it as such - and they obvioulsy have vivid imaginations. He didnt even say "****". It was a jokey question ("????") - simple as that. Unfortunate for Bolbill that he used 4 and not 3 or 5 question marks as it left the door open for some people to pretend that he meant it as abusive foul language.

• Advertisement

Muppet, calling someone "a ginger" is not personal abuse. In fact its abusive to red-haired people to say it is a derogatory term!

He did not say "C***". Only a very small minority of ManU fans read it as such - and they obvioulsy have vivid imaginations. He didnt even say "****". It was a jokey question ("????") - simple as that. Unfortunate for Bolbill that he used 4 and not 3 or 5 question marks as it left the door open for some people to pretend that he meant it as abusive foul language.

I used the ???? as question marks in a jokingly manner, I'm not really the kind of guy that uses the C word, in fact, I reckon I've never used it in here.

My best mate has red hair and I don't slag him over it at all, in fact calling someone a ginger is hardly an insult at all.

Still it looks like it ain't gonna get me back in at this stage. Thanks for everyones support though, I thought I was a bit hard done by thats all. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

When used with a definite or indefinite article (a ginger, the ginger), the noun "ginger" is pronounced with a hard initial G and to rhyme with "singer" (or minger).
    I thought everyone knew that...

maybe everyone except the muppet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

BolBill wrote:
    My best mate has red hair and I don't slag him over it at all, in fact calling someone a ginger is hardly an insult at all.
    I think you were suggesting that a certain set of events were happening to the player because "he is a ginger" to paraphrase. I don't see it as much of an offence myself but certainly I can see how it could be seen as discriminatory.

p.pete wrote:
    I think you were suggesting that a certain set of events were happening to the player because "he is a ginger" to paraphrase. I don't see it as much of an offence myself but certainly I can see how it could be seen as discriminatory.

Sure of course its not insulting, but to call it racist !!! I mean we've all know what those burning white crosses are in south Georgia, that where they ran a clan of redheads out of town. !!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

maybe everyone except the muppet ;)

Its not the word ginger that got Bollbill his ban but the 4 question marks after it. He has as much as admiited his meaning in his post above.

Bolbill wrote:
    I used the ???? as question marks in a jokingly manner, I'm not really the kind of guy that uses the C word, in fact, I reckon I've never used it in here.

I was not the least bit offended by the remark and I have noting personal against Bolbill but under the new charter that type of comment is no longer allowed on the soccer forum so the ban was merited.

The Muppet wrote:
    Its not the word ginger that got Bollbill his ban but the 4 question marks after it. He has as much as admiited his meaning in his post above.

I was not the least bit offended by the remark and I have noting personal against Bolbill but under the new charter that type of comment is no longer allowed on the soccer forum so the ban was merited.

the ???? are question marks, nothing else.

the ban wasn't merited, simple as.

learn how to spell commit :)

The Muppet wrote:

Your obviously a genius at working out what people mean - even though it was nothing like what they said and they had no intention of it coming across as meaning that.

My missus has that same skill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I got a one week ban for saying " Manu Scum " , which was nice confused.gif

Its not a rascist (perhaps a little derogatory) term ... its like saying liverpool scouse or newcastle geordie or evertonian toffee .... unfortunately it must have pi$$ed off some of the mancs soccer forum members as they complained and I got a week ban ...

that'll teach me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Ok Bolbill, I'm going to accept that there was no intent behind the question marks and lift the ban. Just be more careful next time with the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LizardKing wrote:
    I got a one week ban for saying " Manu Scum "

... its like saying liverpool scouse or newcastle geordie or evertonian toffee ....

Nah, it's not.

Scum is a derogatory term, no matter how you dress it up.

Scouse / Geordie and especially Toffee are nicknames.

s'pose so ... but it is a well known and well used term ... theres a lot worse I coulda said ... I just think its a pretty mild term and it would have been overlooked apart from the few Man U fans who were "offended" ... I would not in the past have been a tattler or rat out another poster , unless they were wildly abusive ... I might be changing my tact in future especially if they're mancs fans ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

All ends well I see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

don't want to spam up the place by posting another Thread so i'll ask here, who is the mod for after hours
    Thanks

LizardKing wrote:
    I might be changing my tact in future especially if they're mancs fans ...
    I'm happy to refer to them as "the scum" *quickly glances to check which forum currently in* but it won't get you too far on the soccer forum as it is currently. I hope you'll agree this is a good thing, your ban aside.

don't want to spam up the place by posting another Thread so i'll ask here, who is the mod for after hours
    Thanks
    Lol, you're kind of spamming up this thread though. They're Monty - the one and only, the fnj, Trojan and seamus.

Your obviously a genius at working out what people mean - even though it was nothing like what they said and they had no intention of it coming across as meaning that.

My missus has that same skill

Have you a problem? You appear to be directing your comments concerning this issue at me, just to remind you that it was Talla that issued the ban and there were posts from other users supporting him. Both of us stated our opinion on the matter so theres no need for the jibes ok. The issue has been resolved now so there's not much point continuing the argument.

BolBill wrote:

learn how to spell commit :)

LOL I see my sig was lost on you. Read it very slowly and you might just get it. Failing that The Roosters missus may be able to assist you.
    :D

Just responding to posts and inaccurate assumptions muppet.

Fair play to talla - hope bolbill doesnt waste his (very) last chance :o

"scum" is defo out of order LK. A bad week to miss though! (or might be a good week depending on how Saturday goes)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SteM

LizardKing wrote:
    I got a one week ban for saying " Manu Scum " , which was nice confused.gif

Its not a rascist (perhaps a little derogatory) term ... its like saying liverpool scouse or newcastle geordie or evertonian toffee .... unfortunately it must have pi$$ed off some of the mancs soccer forum members as they complained and I got a week ban ...

that'll teach me ...

LOL, yeah 'Manu Scum' is *just* like saying 'liverpool scouse' or 'newcastle gordie'...... no wait. Surely it's more like saying 'liverpool dolescum' or 'newcastle fat gordie ba*tards'?

LK, I didn't see your original post but you must have had a right brian fart the day you posted that and thought you'd get away with it :)

• Advertisement

SteM wrote:
    LOL, yeah 'Manu Scum' is *just* like saying 'liverpool scouse' or 'newcastle gordie'...... no wait. Surely it's more like saying 'liverpool dolescum' or 'newcastle fat gordie ba*tards'?

LK, I didn't see your original post but you must have had a right brian fart the day you posted that and thought you'd get away with it smile.gif
    In fairness it was not posted with malice , it was posted on a thread which I thought only Pool fans would be viewing "morientes transfer thread" , I also don't see the word scum or scumbag as a bad word heres its dictionary.com entry

SCUM
    Slang. One, such as a person or an element of society, that is regarded as despicable or worthless.

I think it describes united fans perfectly :)

Advertisement