Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer ban

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭SteM

LizardKing wrote:
    I think it describes united fans perfectly :)

Doesn't bother me, your comparison of 'scum' to 'evertonian' just made me laugh is all. I've got some Liverpool fans who are mates and they'd agree with you - but then again they're know-nothing f*ckwits who support a one man team and live in the past so what would they know? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

my god get your own thread, let this one die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Im back in to Soccer, just want to thank anybody who supported me especially The Rooster. Also fair play to Talla (The Mod) for looking at all the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Glad to hear it but I wonder how much that decision was influenced by this in the Charter thread:
    With regard to a recent banning of a poster in the Chelsea V Man United thread in the Soccer forum I would like to know why the sponsors of the banned user have not also received a ban ??

Recently a user that I sponsored was banned for 2 weeks and although it wasn't mentioned in the charter I too got a ban for a similar period, an issue I raised with talla at the time which lead to the charter being altered rather than my ban be deemed wrong and lifted!

I wish no ill will towards the sponsors of the banned user but I do feel that under the circumstances I was unfairly treated. The charter is used like a book of law at will when someone steps out of line - and rightly so of course - but to be law it must be consistently applied. The charter also says the sponsor of a twice banned poster will be permanently banned too.

What are your views ??

R-N-B

I agree that a charter is required and should be enforced but it also needs to be concise and well thought out - not changed to suit the circumstances and mood of the moment.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Actually it had nothing to with R-N-B post as i never actually noticed it until you posted here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement