Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Somebody here must know...

• 08-01-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Having googl'd to death could anyone willing help fully name or confirm the following old skool tracks:

•Bario Bahi - Venga Brazil?
    •Way Out West - Let yourself go?
    •Tico ? - De __ drummer (une, deux, tres, quatroze)
    •Kamilia/KAMILIAN - Guidance (Gallows from above, find a little love)
    •Fred & Ginger - Slam Jam
    •D.O.P. - ? (sample of something like Nanu Nanu!) <-- Manifest your love?
    •Kayshee - Furio?
    •Moonchild (work your body) <-- Variations on a Theme?
    •Gemini 4 (Da ha hoe)
    •Taco - Beat? Drop (give the love) or tiko - Echo drop?
    •? - (This world is so ‘mental’ when your) Living in the ghetto

And finally, this one is impossible to track down, let alone get:
    •The Santa Claus red vinyl with silver glitter Bootleg including samples of:
    Intuition - Dance with me
    vs.
    K-Klass - Let me show you
    vs.
    that song that goes“I don’t wanna be evil & I know u wanna party, & I know u wanna groove, just a little bit more now.”

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Iirc D.O.P did do Manifest your love, they also had a song called Lion. Another brilliant track.

Genimi 4 track was possibly called jump.

As for the way out west tune... nothing shows up in the discography are you sure it's them ?

http://www.wowest.cc/discography.htm -- seems to be old tho. As I don't see the blue album mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Ste- thanks for the help.

DOP def. did Manifest your love ("dancing in the air") but I'm not convinced that's the one I was looking for...I'll try get a listen to Lion somewhere altho that could be difficult.

Jump doesn't ring any bells but I'll take your word for it :D

Pretty sure it's early WOW - pre-Ajare I would have thought. I thought Montana was another one of their early tracks and that site doesn't have it either. Actually having just looked it seems Montana may have been on the flip side of Ajare...and maybe that's my track too? Who knows?!

Thanks alot.

Edit: Good ol' discogs:
    A1 Montana (Let Yourself Go) - bang on!
    http://www.discogs.com/release/122271

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 optikus-prime

I think it's Taiko-Echo drop
    V.O.A.T.-Moonchild (variations on a theme)

Thanks.

I have VOAT down seperatley and in my head I'm thinking the chorus starts with "work your bo-dy". Your agreeing right?

That's the one alright, it's on the original Renaissance I think.

I can confirm that track alright, it's on disc one of Renaissance

clicky

• Advertisement

Yup and the 10yr anniversary release which I'm definatley going to buy!

Thanks again.

I have the original, it's well worth buying :D

Tico ? - De __ drummer (une, deux, tres, quatroze)

I think that track might* be Mauro Picotto-Lizard but I could be wrong :(

*might be wrong

Na it's not Picotto I don't think. At least it's not Komodo, Like This Like That or Proximus...

Edit: Just read your post properly. I really don't think it's Lizard thanks!

It's not really as 'hard' a track as his stuff, just a lot of drums and stuff if I remember correctly. Similar to the Goodman style - but not a bootleg of that song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Have the originals of these, so all details should be correct. Hope these help...

Track 01 - ???
    Track 02 - Way Out West - Montana (Sub-bass Trance Mix) - 1994 - Terra Firma Records
    Track 03 - ???
    Track 04 - Kamilian - Guidance (Space Brothers Mix) - 1997 - Zomba Records
    Track 05 - ?
    Track 06 - D.O.P. - Manifest Your Love (Tooley Street Dub) - 1995 - HiLife
    Track 07 - Kayashi - Furyo - 1997 - Additive Records
    Track 08 - Moonchild - Variations On A Theme - 1997 - East West (Re-release I believe)
    Track 09 - Gemini IV - Jump - 1994 - Gemini IV Productions
    Track 10 - Taiko - Echo Drop (Hard Mix) - 1997 - ZYX Germany
    Track 11 - ??? - on the tip of my tongue, just can't nail this one! Possibly on Sharp Recordings. Was a big 'banana boys' tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

is it me or do kids these days have a slightly odd view of what constitutes "old skool"??? at the most charitable i'd call that pre-euphoria era progressive trance, old school is a totally dofferent kettle of very different fish mate...

Indeed nowadays anything a few years old gets classed as old skool.
    I presume by old skoll [cm]tyranny you are referring to the acid house era ?

jdempsey wrote:
    Track 11 - ??? - on the tip of my tongue, just can't nail this one! Possibly on Sharp Recordings. Was a big 'banana boys' tune.
    Yeah your on the right track. Just never got any name for it. Hardly the best track in the world but I wouldn't mind another listen. Thanks for the all the spelling corrections on the others.

[cm]tyranny: These may not be Marrs or Blue Monday but what's the point in trying to correct me? As far as I'm concerned I listened to these kind of tracks from the time I was a nipper and the Olympic etc were in full swing. Most of the above are deleted so...Your correct that some don't qualify but the dates don't concern me, as I've selected the 11 above from a list of about 100 which I started compiling back then and all thru the years before the IRTC started thinking about new licences...I didn't stop when we passed 1994. I only found the file recently after a good few years. It's a loose term given that Back to the old skool have some up until 2000.

No offence mate but I'd rather you help me rather than nitpick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

"Old school" isn't a genre, but lots of people nowadays are using it to describe a few different things, old acid house, late 80s/early 90s hardcore etc.

Of course the oldest of the old school is oldschool electro, anything else is a newschool imitation. :)

Argh please don't hijack this thread I was getting so much valued corrections. I'm not some kid buying my first vinyl here so please start a new thread if you'd like to discuss the above.

What's left:

•Bario Bahi - Venga Brazil?
    •Tico ? - De __ drummer (une, deux, tres, quatroze)
    •Fred & Ginger - Slam Jam
    •D.O.P. - ? (sample of something like Nanu Nanu!) <-- Confirm that Manifest your love is the same song?

And finally, this one is impossible to track down, let alone get:
    vs.
    vs.
    that song that goes“I don’t wanna be evil & I know u wanna party, & I know u wanna groove, just a little bit more now.”

Much appreciated.

Fred and Ginger - Slam Jam, Was this not a white label or something ?
    Have it round here somewhere I'll have a look and get back to you on it.

Great Ste thanks. It could have been but I thought it got a proper release at some stage. If you get the time that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tico ? - De __ drummer (une, deux, tres, quatroze)

I think that track might* be Mauro Picotto-Lizard but I could be wrong :(

*might be wrong
    sounds like Taiko - (damn... can't remember the name of it now :D )
    it was big back in 2001... i seem to recall it from the first cd of nukleuz hard house anthems 3

Sounds about right, although it wouldn't exactly be typical hard house now...just a nice tempo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i could be thinking of one of the Big Room DJs releases actually...

http://www.discogs.com/release/48060
    thats the tune you're after anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

Its by TAIKO and the name of the track is 'DIE BLECHTROMMEL (UN, DOS, TRES, CUATRO)'. Was released back round 2000 or 2001 alrite.
    It was released on old trance label GOOD:AS and then INCENTIVE got their hands on it bringin out different mixes including nick sentience mix. Think dis could be da tune your after

Checked the vinyl of Slamjam. The one I got was a dj promo and the only other info on it was frbs 08. Googled a little nothing showing up tho.

Thanks guys. Very good on the Die Blechtrommel track - never thought of searching for Uno, dos, tres, quatro...d'oh!

Ste- Thanks for the bit you found anyway.

Now, I've found D.O.P. released a track called Groovy Beat - different from Manifest Your Love...could this be the "nanu nanu" song? In my head I've got some old song that has the repeated lyrics "work to the rhythm of a groovy beat". Any thoughts?

I've found Fred & Ginger - Slam Jam (sample here - pretty crap hard house tbh (no offence to anyone) - sounds like a heavier beat behind U96 or Altern8 sorta riff...think I'll leave that out :D)

That just leaves:
    And still waiting for ANY information on this...it was def. available in Dublin at some stage or another:
    vs.
    vs.

Does anyone even know the song that the above lyrics are from?!

Thanks again guys great to finally tick these off.

Edit: Just found "BARRIO BAHIA/VENGA BRAZIL" (15.06.1998 - Pop!Art2001)

Bri wrote:
    I've found Fred & Ginger - Slam Jam (sample here - pretty crap hard house tbh (no offence to anyone) - sounds like a heavier beat behind U96 or Altern8 sorta riff...think I'll leave that out :D)

That's exactly what it si, and I think it was Altern8.

Right so.

Thanks again for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

is it me or do kids these days have a slightly odd view of what constitutes "old skool"??? at the most charitable i'd call that pre-euphoria era progressive trance, old school is a totally dofferent kettle of very different fish mate...

i totally agree although there are a few tracks in that list that are classic anthems but real old skool is 88-93,94 at a push..anything after that CANNOT be classified as proper old skool not for many years yet......... ;)

Let me humbly apologise for using the term so loosely. If your all so old skool what's with the lack of helpful information for "kids" like myself?

Did you all switch off come '94?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Bri wrote:
    Did you all switch off come '94?
    Nah, we just don't listen to cheese. :)

Wow you got me in one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement