Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

• 09-01-2005 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Just want to know do you need to be renting a phone line in order to a broadband trial?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Just want to know do you need to be renting a phone line in order to a broadband trial?

You only need it for DSL. Wireless, satellite and cable internet don't use a phone line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

id prob need it to get the 2month trial of eicom so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You most certainly would yes. You can't get DSL without a phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

who does a free satellite trial and do you need a phone line for that as well?

Unfortnately satellite as i hear is expecially expensive. Wireless BB like Irish broadband is probably better. Avoid Digiweb as i've heard some nasty things about their service. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You'll still need a telephone line for upward traffic.

You'll still need a telephone line for upward traffic.

If thats the case then whats the point in getting it. (Unless of course you trave around europe frequently)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Infini wrote:
    Avoid Digiweb as i've heard some nasty things about their service. :mad:

Would you like to go into more details as regards Digiweb. I am on Digiweb wireless here in Waterford and to be quiet honest I find it pretty good. Granted when the service started there were teething problems, but what company doesn’t have teething problems @ startup

Advertisement