Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Will Eisner

Options
  • 09-01-2005 2:32am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe I didn't find out about this sooner, but Will Eisner has died of complications following heart bypass surgery. WillEisner.com has a condolences book up at the moment. (There's a Newsarama biography here for anyone who wants to know more about him, too

I won't claim that he was my favourite writer, because I don't know very much at all of his work. But I do know that he was an influence on pretty much every comic author or artist whose work I've enjoyed, as well as being pretty much the leading pioneer in getting comics recognised as a valid artform comparable to literature or film.

Advertisement