Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS and psp for sale in dublin.

Options
  • 09-01-2005 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

A shop called MR calculator has the ds and some games on sale and the psp value pack and metal gear acid for sale. they are chargin 500 for the psp though and 229 for the ds. they have both on display. psp looks very very sweet. the games are about 65 for the ds not sure about psp.

EDIT:you may want to know where the place is :rolleyes:

its on Duke st which is, if walkin from the bottom of grafton st, the first left and its on the right just about at the corner goin onto dawson st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how much should DS be (initially)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have they got many of them in stock? My mate is looking for a PSP and DS. Also would you have a phone number for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Well, the DS is a mere $149.99 in the US (RRP), but I have heard some rumours that it's initial RRP will be €180 in European countries. This is NOT fact, it's merely speculation. Another rumour was that it was going to be £150, but this seems somewhat unlikely...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It will be €180 if you convert the rumoured UK Sterling cost. I doubt we'll get it at the same cost as the UK. So it will probably be more like €199 here.

So, €229 isn't too bad... but €65 for the games is way too much. You can get them for €30 online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Placebo wrote:
    how much should DS be (initially)

I got my DS in the US and it caost me about €120 so they are at least €100 over the odds. €65 for games is mental... I paid €30 for each of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

kensutz wrote:
    Have they got many of them in stock? My mate is looking for a PSP and DS. Also would you have a phone number for them?

i think they have a fair few in stock yea. dont have a number for the shop though. try the business listings. its called "MR CALCULATOR" and its on Duke st.

youd be better off gettin the psp from there than any online store. unfortunately not many people go to japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

That shop had N64's for sale a coupla moths before they were released in europe aswel, pointless information but interesting none the less

They seem to always to imports. I remember seeing the gameboy advance in there a couple weeks before its actual release.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I clearly have to rethink my definition of calculators....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Used to get all my import games there for SNES years ago -- I actually got a US SNES there in the end cos all my games were American cartridges :)

First place I saw an N64 & Mario 64 running too....
    It will be €180 if you convert the rumoured UK Sterling cost. I doubt we'll get it at the same cost as the UK. So it will probably be more like €199 here.

I know usually games are hiked up a bit for Ireland, but when I got my Gameboy SP (NES Edition) in London during the summer, I had ppl check the price in GAME here, and it was an exact conversion of the sterling price, so I dunno...

I paid $169 for the DS from Play-Asia, their price is now $189 for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

So it seems that they're fairly reliable then??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

evad_lhorg wrote:
    A shop called MR calculator has the ds and some games on sale and the psp value pack and metal gear acid for sale. they are chargin 500 for the psp though and 229 for the ds. they have both on display. psp looks very very sweet. the games are about 65 for the ds not sure about psp.

Any other PSP games for sale?

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, I know that place, my dad actually introduced me too it a few years back, anywho

I would definitly not buy a DS at that price, get one from play asia and save €50 minimum (more then likely at least 60 for 2 games :D)

Also, are they japanese DS' or american?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

That's horribly overpriced. DS games at E65? They're having a laugh.

Matt Simis wrote:
    Any other PSP games for sale?

Matt

well i didnt ask i only saw what they had in the window which was each handheld, metal gear acid, super mario 64 and the urbz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ye, I know that place, my dad actually introduced me too it a few years back, anywho

I would definitly not buy a DS at that price, get one from play asia and save €50 minimum (more then likely at least 60 for 2 games :D)

Also, are they japanese DS' or american?

how much is it from play asia 180 dollars ?
    delivery ? whats this tax / custom stuff i hear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Placebo wrote:
    how much is it from play asia 180 dollars ?delivery ?

www.play-asia.com
    Placebo wrote:
    whats this tax / custom stuff i hear ?

If you get caught by customs you will be charged vat on top of the vaule of the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

If you order from http://www.videogamesplus.ca you will not pay VAT as they will mark the package down to $20 if you ask them.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Can i ask a question. Is it worth getting the DS off lik-sang? Im wanting one, but i havent ordered from there before, and at the minute the only have the Japan one in stock, will i wait until the US one is back instock?

id wait cause you dont get the metroid prime hunters demo.

• Advertisement

Honestly I don't think it matters too much about the Metroid demo -- I got the Japanese DS, and I'm surviving just fine, I can wait for the full game....out of sight, out of mind :rolleyes:

You can live without it, but its nice to have esp if you know others with it for multiplayer. Not to mention the full one isn't out till May ;)

I can wait -- I've had Metroid Prime 2 since Christmas and it's still wrapped in plastic and the GameCube isn't even assembled :rolleyes:

I'll be setting it up for Resident Evil 4 sooner than Metroid methinx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Play some Metroid, dammit! :eek:

The hunters demo is sweet. Amazing to a see a PC equivlent FPS on a handheld (not to mention a console).

Dieing to play it in multi but there aint no other DS's in Waterford that I know of... :(

Play some Metroid, dammit!

Haha, thought that would get a reaction -- also have Paper Mario still wrapped :D

I played Metroid Prime, Super Metroid, Zero Mission & Fusion all last summer lots, so I'm not really rushing back to it *shrug* :)

Erm, I have Paper Mario still wrapped too, due to wanting to finish MP2 over Christmas...

I'm sure MP2 is a great game, I'm just not ready for it yet, I wanna finish Prince of Persia 2 first, then I'll start Resident Evil 4....should get to MP2 after that, assuming I don't get more DS games in the meantime :)

Always the way... Lots of backlog. I've still got F-Zero GX on my backlog ffs!

• Advertisement

I've still got F-Zero GX on my backlog

I played it for a few days last Christmas, but it kinda fell by the wayside, same with Starfox Adventures -- it just failed to grab me. Of course it didn't help Starfox that I got the captivating Eternal Darkness the same day hehe.

Prioritise the important games, failing that, stick to whatever you start first :)

Advertisement