Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS and psp for sale in dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Actually, I bought Eternal Darkness 9 months ago. I've still never put it into my GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ha you should really give it a go. the insanity meter is ****in deadly!

cant wait for metroid prime hunters on ds. should be great. tbh i javnt touched echoes in ages either though. ive just been buyin too much and havnt touched any of the resident evils except 0 and im still only on the first disc. too many games so little time/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

sorry but everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that they are charging 500 for a psp! that is a ****ing disgrace in my opinion. the ds seems to be reasonably enough priced, but 500, they should be shot for trying to charge that much,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They probably imported them at that extortionate rate when they were first released. They're probably selling them for what they got them for (+5% for profit).

no the owner actually goes to said foriegn land and purchases! brings em back and sells em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Actually, I bought Eternal Darkness 9 months ago. I've still never put it into my GC.

Best game on the GC IMO. I just cannot get into Metroid P (1 or 2, have both). Game just seems shallow and empty, with lots of archaic backtracking which artificially inflates game lifespan 10-fold. Whats wrong with me! :eek:

Matt

"must need new glasses" ;)

eternal darkness is absoltely excellent. the insanity meter is cool! things appearing here there and everywhere. it is one of the best id say. plus it's got three games in one if i have heard correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

evad_lhorg wrote:
    "must need new glasses" ;)

eternal darkness is absoltely excellent. the insanity meter is cool! things appearing here there and everywhere. it is one of the best id say. plus it's got three games in one if i have heard correct?

Do explain. I got stuck on it a long time ago and haven't returned to it since what with all the other quality games out on the GC. I always meant to go back to it though.

well ive only really just started the game but my mate was tellin me to see the proper end of the game you have to finish it three times. i assumne it's somethin to do with the artifact you pick near the start of the game as there is three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Saw the PSP in the window of Mr. Calculator at lunchtime. Reminds me of the old Sega Gamegear in size !!! Looks nice and shiny though and they had a copy of Metal Gear Acid right beside it.

But at €500 + for the kit and game... way too expensive. Liked the look of the DS game cases. Finally the end of cardboard packaging for Nintendo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

The PSP looks v. sweet. review here gives a good idea of what youre getting for E500.

holy crap that looks absolutely amazing! tbh i think id prefer it to the ds cause it's lookin like it's gettin more proper games but im still gettin a ds. in fact i do believe it is in the country.

the graphics on that are absolutely amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The thumb stick is something that is seriously lacking on the DS... I'd like to see how well that tiny one works out on the PSP.

There's an PSP version of Ape Escape coming out, isn't there? hmmm... that would tempt me alright... even if the PSP does look like it's wearing a gimp suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

GTA and Wipeout confirmed for PSP, thats me sold :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

tallpaul wrote:
    Saw the PSP in the window of Mr. Calculator at lunchtime. Reminds me of the old Sega Gamegear in size !!!

I wouldn't quite say that...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

yeah... it's alot more like the Atari Lynx

DSCF0056.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The PSP is very very nice. You don't realise how nice until you see it in person. It's super duper nice.

it certainly is sweet and not really like any of the other handhelds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

*off topic*
    sprinkles wrote:
    Do explain. I got stuck on it a long time ago and haven't returned to it since what with all the other quality games out on the GC. I always meant to go back to it though.
    likewise.
    i got desperate for cash and ended up selling my copy :(
    thought i'd never pick it up again, but i got the inevitable craving to play it a few days after i sold it.
    iirc, the artifact you pick up at the end of the pius chapter (centurion dude - he turns into an evil skeleton after picking up the artifact) dictates which evil power you'll be fighting against.
    think you have to play through it 3 times to get the full ending or some crap...
    seemed like "lots of archaic backtracking which artificially inflates game lifespan 10-fold." to me (well... 3 fold)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

whats Mr Calculator phone number and is he still charging 500 euro for a psp

all i want is standard pack psp + game
    i would only pay 330 euro for a psp +game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I just bought a Standard pack + RR off ebay for €300 incl. shipping. The guy puts up a new one every so often and currently has two psp with vampire chronicles for €300 each.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZmyoutokusanQQsorecordsperpageZ25QQsosortpropertyZ1

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I just bought a Standard pack + RR off ebay for €300 incl. shipping. The guy puts up a new one every so often and currently has two psp with vampire chronicles for €300 each.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZmyoutokusanQQsorecordsperpageZ25QQsosortpropertyZ1

nice one that will be my next gaming handheld

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ciaran500 wrote:

did you recieve yours from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

well ive only really just started the game but my mate was tellin me to see the proper end of the game you have to finish it three times. i assumne it's somethin to do with the artifact you pick near the start of the game as there is three of them.

Yeah, depending on which artifact Pius picks up, you'll fight against demons that effect you specifically in one way.
    My first time through I had Pius pick up the green artifact, so whenever demons appeared, my Sanity meter was the most affected (green meter). If you play against Pius with the red artifact, the enemies take more health (red meter) from you when they attack. Likewise, the blue artifact means you are weakest in magic (blue meter).

So my first time through the game I got the most enjoyment from the various insanity things, cos they happened so frequently :D

As for PSP, looks nice alright -- I'll have a proper look at one in America next week -- no way I'm buying one at the prices ppl have been quoting in the thread!!

DS is great, though I wish there were more US games available -- Play-Asia keep emailing me about upcoming Japanese releases (Catch! Touch! Yoshi! and Wario Ware etc).

kensutz wrote:
    did you recieve yours from him?

Not yet, it will be sent in the morning and should arrive by Wednesday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

let me know how you get on

No problem, I'll hopefully be on here to gloat anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

dont pay 500 for a psp ..u wanna look for some decent folk on ebay

got mine for £250 value pack and ridge racer

Tuesdaaayyy it will be here!!!

*dies with excitement*

-edit- i see Ciaran has done pretty much what ive done...and he paid a little less than me...heh ah well

id have had my for friday but they didnt send him the uk adaptors :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Looks bloody mega!!!

But then I was gonna get one anyway, should make those bus/train journeys from dublin to cork a lot better!

• Advertisement

IGN have done some more test one the PSP battery. They tried 5 different tests to isolate different parts of the console.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/574/574557p1.html

Advertisement