Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS and psp for sale in dublin.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got one + RR from yer man that Ciaran ordered from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

feck sake!!!!

its tuesday morning..11:13am and no parcelforce..as of yet :mad:

its not gonna come today is it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No, not if its Parcelforce/GLS. When was it shipped? Did you get a tracking number? If you did ring GLS and they will tell you where your package is.

hope not, although it does seem he sold a few. i want it now, i got one with Ridge Racer instead of Vampire Chronicles

kensutz wrote:
    I got one + RR from yer man that Ciaran ordered from.

I hope its not a scam I'm after getting you into. We'll find out soon. :D

You get a tracking number? The one he gave me didn't work, but it will probably just say "handed to international courier" so I'm not worried yet.

• Advertisement

Ciaran, did you ask him to send it as a gift so you don't get done for Customs?

From DHL: Gifts from one private individual to another up to the value of €45 and commercial shipments up to €23 are usually exempt from VAT & Duty. In all cases if the shipment is a gift then the accompanying proforma invoice should clearly state 'Gift' along with the usual details.

Looks like we just have to hope we don't get caught.

I'll have the baseball bat ready.

ahh its came at 12 after id left the house..cheeky parcelforce

well it did have to go all the way from wales to yorkshire up ere but..never mind its here now and WOW

its great! im yet to play around enough yet havent been in long but all i know is..i want more games!!! moreee of these bloody marvellous games!

ahh its came at 12 after id left the house..cheeky parcelforce

well it did have to go all the way from wales to yorkshire up ere but..never mind its here now and WOW

its great! im yet to play around enough yet havent been in long but all i know is..i want more games!!! moreee of these bloody marvellous games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

the pre order page is back up on amazon.co.uk for the psp and its still going for £180= ~260euro for the standard pack to be released on the 18th of march :( i was hoping for 200euro but europe always gets screwed and you just know its going to be round up to 300euro in the emerald isle :mad: does anyone know the story on charges on shipping of consoles here from england on amazon.co.uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

hal9000 wrote:
    the pre order page is back up on amazon.co.uk for the psp and its still going for £180= ~260euro for the standard pack to be released on the 18th of march :( i was hoping for 200euro but europe always gets screwed and you just know its going to be round up to 300euro in the emerald isle :mad: does anyone know the story on charges on shipping of consoles here from england on amazon.co.uk?

yeah, it's ridiculous.. i'll be importing an american psp on the day of their launch. the money saved will go towards a 1gig memory stick

hmm well..i didnt do that i couldnt wait :p

but ive found a 512mb stick for £36 ...which im not gonna complain at...im sorry but my psp doesnt quite cut it as a 6 song mp3 player at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ViperVenoM wrote:
    but ive found a 512mb stick for £36

Make sure you get the right kind of sticks though, duo or pro duo, regular old ones won't fit. (and unfortunately duo/pro duos are harder to get and more expensive)

well im thinking along the lines of getting this make (ebay was first to hand i wouldnt buy this 1 not with £11 postage!)

but im taking this is the right card..its deffo the right size...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18870&item=3868291750&rd=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

ViperVenoM wrote:
    well im thinking along the lines of getting this make (ebay was first to hand i wouldnt buy this 1 not with £11 postage!)

but im taking this is the right card..its deffo the right size...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18870&item=3868291750&rd=1

yeah, that's the right stick allright..
    try ebay.com, way cheaper for duo/pro's
    email a seller asking nicely if they'll ship to ireland.. most will, especially fas it's only a memory card

1gig's come in at about 160dollers if you can find them and 512mb average at about 60/70dollers

I've found a site that is claiming they have a batch of Sandisk 1GB duos for $130 coming in by Friday. But I've been watching this site for a while and the date they are recieving stock has been changing quite regularly, but this is the closest its ever been.

I'll post the site when they get them in. ;)

My shipping tracking just started working \o/. My PSP left Japan yesterday and is flying straight to Dublin. But it still hasn't landed. Depending on customs I could have it tomorrow.

Many sellers on Ebay don't want to mark expensive items as gift, if the package gets lost, they're screwed. Customs are very active these days (a lot more than they used to), so be prepared to get stung... :(
    DHL and UPS will contact you before they deliver it and ask you to pay the customs charge. If they don't, you should be in the clear. You'll see it on the tracking page, "held in customers for clearance" (something along those lines)

Don't crush my hopes :(

If I do get caught for customs I have a plan to get out of it, I'll let you know if it works (if they don't end up taking my computer)

• Advertisement

from what ive heard its about £40-£60 for a psp (not sure if it will be different for you as im not in ireland) but thats what ive heard, glad i paid a bit extra and got it from wales tbh bloke sounds a geniune guy and hes gonna let me know when hes imported some games over
    never know though..it may sneak through GL ;)

(bought a psp protector ..pack thing and Vampire Chronicles off ebay last night) still in need of a mem stick but ....well i dont know where to get 1 ...Ridge Racer is doing me grand for now though..making progress tho..quite a lot..then ill finish VC and im gonna be screwed till march 24th..unless theres anymore decent imports (i had the choice of Vamp, MGA or that golf game but it seems Vampire was the most .translated so i opted for that even though i suck at street fighter type games :()

got mine paid for today so waiting game begins. Ciaran did you ask him to write gift on it?

kensutz wrote:
    Ciaran did you ask him to write gift on it?

Nah forgot to. It arrived in Dublin last night so theres a chance it will arrive today. :D
    unless theres anymore decent imports (i had the choice of Vamp, MGA or that golf game but it seems Vampire was the most .translated so i opted for that even though i suck at street fighter type game

Lumines is meant to be like digital crack, I'm hoping to pick it up once I get more money toghter. http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?platform=psp&game=Lumines

Lumines is good alright (shake ya body shake ya body shake ya body RIGHT!)

I got a 512MB stick off Ebay, cheapest place for it really (as long as they mark it Gift).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

komplett have mem stick duos

1 gig == 135 potatoes
    512 == 67 eypos

But they have none instock till march. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im just wondering how long does it take a psp from japan being sent my ems post to get to ireland

the flight date was the 19th of jan

today its my birthday i would love it to come monday late birthday gift for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

anyone know of a PSP in Ireland at a decent price (IE not a ripp off merchant), can pay and collect ASAP,

My PSP flight was on the 18th and arrived last night, but I think its still in customs. So no psp for me till Monday, unless SDS deliver on Saturdays?
    anyone know of a PSP in Ireland at a decent price

Its hard enough to find one in England for a decent price, I doubt you will find anyone selling over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ciaran500 wrote:
    My PSP flight was on the 18th and arrived last night, but I think its still in customs. So no psp for me till Monday, unless SDS deliver on Saturdays?

Ciaran500 would you honestly think it will come monday my psp and will i need to buy a charger for it like i had to buy a charger for my ds so will it be the same

Advertisement